Lt. Commander
Consider this:

We have since day 1, wanted to be able to make missions where the players are on their bridges.

With all the varients and popularity of Odyssey and Bortas, we pretty much now CAN. All we need is the new bridge assets and it's fairly safe to assume or disclaim in mission details, the mission will assume you are using an Odyssey.

This has a LOT of potential! Any thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 04:49 AM
You will likely not find many KDF on the Bortas as it is quite simply not upto anything. It turns badly has virtually no shields and cannot do much with its 'awesome' firepower since nobody will sit up front for any length of time. This flagship only works with good support unlike the Odyssey which will likely have cruiser captains flocking to it.

I certainly would not be so certain that everybody will be flying a +1 variant of these ships though purely down to the prices.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 05:10 AM
Well, going simply by what I "see" in game, I see maps full of Odyssey, and this is before the +1 variants.

What I may do is a disclaimer just as some disclaim a warning that a mission is more text than action, I would disclaim a mission will presume a use of an Odyssey class for the purpose of the story being a bit more free for the author to indulge in ship side activities.

If I ever go ahead and get cracking on the 1 KDF mission I have scripted, I may address the Bortas the same.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 08:59 PM
My current project is two missions, one fed and one kling but the two sides of the same story. I was able to limit the citings of the other factions lead ship (the player) down to one time but figure I should at least rewards them by showing their opponent once. The Odyssey and Bortas are perfect for the one shot glance of the enemy.

It won't be everyones ship, but it is a Flagship.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 09:23 PM
Give me a Galaxy-X any day. It may be old, but it can still blow the Odyssey out of the water.