Lt. Commander
# 11
03-14-2012, 02:14 PM
You might, if you fancy crests and ridges as makeup, but I find you're lovely as you are. Lol.

I just use a custom channel for my 'diplomatic work'. Since quality triumphs over quantity in this case, I keep my cast small and efficient. I don't require fleet affiliation to write quality scenes.

From my experience joining a fleet serves no purpose at all especially if many major fleets today have no content or formal communications protocol that match my expectations (And I do speak from experience - officers sending me unwanted advances is not my definition of Starfleet protocol).

Better to take care of your own, and give my players free will over what they wish to achieve.

PM me if you want further details. I don't want to attract unnecessary attention fom the... general public.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager7etoile
@Hevach - You were absolutely correct. For a modest 10K credits I bought a bartender at the exchange, and in one of the sectors found a diplomatic-oriented mission where she could help. When it was completed it netted me 300 diplomatic XP's. How cool is that? I mean, this is far better than the measly 10 XP's you get from the usual quests. I see though that there are a lot of factors involved in the duty officer jobs, like having the commodities/data, cash, duty officers with the right qualifications, the location, and a little bit of luck. Thanks again for the tips.

@Carmenara - Your post intrigues me. I have actually been chronicling the adventures of 'Maven Black-Briar in Starfleet' with a pictorial story. BTW, I'm at level 23 and have not yet joined a fleet. Maybe I could submit my CV to join the Jevonite Order?
*Raises his hands and focuses on Voyager* We can work with that, a little Genetic engineering. You would look more attractive with a spoon on the forehead and scales on the neck don't you think?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
*Raises his hands and focuses on Voyager* We can work with that, a little Genetic engineering. You would look more attractive with a spoon on the forehead and scales on the neck don't you think?
*gasps* You'd better not dare suggest that to me, Cardassian
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
*gasps* You'd better not dare suggest that to me, Cardassian
You could become the ultimate counter intelligence operative in the galaxy. Looking like a Cardassian (have to act like one too) can get you lots of favors/debts and information. Of course, Bajorans won't like you much.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
You could become the ultimate counter intelligence operative in the galaxy. Looking like a Cardassian (have to act like one too) can get you lots of favors/debts and information. Of course, Bajorans won't like you much.

I have watched DS9 and VOY (early episodes) to get a feel for acting Cardassian, and after reading your RP in Fleet forums after that. Lol. The required personality is way too dominant and devious for my tastes. That and I don't murder recruits lol xD
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
I have watched DS9 and VOY (early episodes) to get a feel for acting Cardassian, and after reading your RP in Fleet forums after that. Lol. The required personality is way too dominant and devious for my tastes. That and I don't murder recruits lol xD
Now Now Head Mistress, I've seen your other posts. Deception is a dish best served daily
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Now Now Head Mistress, I've seen your other posts. Deception is a dish best served daily
I merely offered a 'suggestion' to remove idle players from STFs.

In war, those who know not to use their weapons, should give them up willingly for the soldiers to use them against the enemy.

If not, I will simply take their arms from them.

OOC: What are we doing? RPing in an RPer's thread. Oh my, why do we not see more of this xD
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2012, 09:48 PM
Quote:
I merely offered a 'suggestion' to remove idle players from STFs.

In war, those who know not to use their weapons, should give them up willingly for the soldiers to use them against the enemy.

If not, I will simply take their arms from them.

OOC: What are we doing? RPing in an RPer's thread. Oh my, why do we not see more of this xD
Because it is more interesting to watch the daily Reality show called.. "Why I'm mad at Cryptic" even going free to play hasn't stopped the "I paid for this product and everything should be given to me" fans.

There are many things I can say about that, but I rather RP with cool people than argue a topic I can't win.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Because it is more interesting to watch the daily Reality show called.. "Why I'm mad at Cryptic" even going free to play hasn't stopped the "I paid for this product and everything should be given to me" fans.

There are many things I can say about that, but I rather RP with cool people than argue a topic I can't win.

While the Federation does that, we Cardassians are busy rebuilding and working to restore power from the pathethic lame excuse of the Detapa Council. And once the pillow-loving humans eventually grant us the right to self rule... Cardassia will be a power in the Alpha Quadrant once again.

OOC: I swear, your woman spiked my drink didn't she? I'm not supposed to talk like this!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
While the Federation does that, we Cardassians are busy rebuilding and working to restore power from the pathethic lame excuse of the Detapa Council. And once the pillow-loving humans eventually grant us the right to self rule... Cardassia will be a power in the Alpha Quadrant once again.

OOC: I swear, your woman spiked my drink didn't she? I'm not supposed to talk like this!
I prefer to say that she liberated your spirit from the constraints of the tyranny of the greater populace. The fire that has been building deep inside of you is finally allowed to burn bright through the darkness of space. Soon enough that light shall be seen throughout the quadrant and those who insist on keeping their eyes closed shall be burned deeply.

Convincing enough Head Mistress? (inside joke most won't get).