Lt. Commander
OK so im trying to understand how this console works, does it only work as resistence to damage on the hull or does it increase the resistence to damage of the shield too?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 10:03 AM
Hull only.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Hull only.
Right all the engineering consoles that give you a resist are "armor". Your shield power add to your shield's resistance along with several shield powers (rotate frequency, transfer shield strength, and so forth) that temporarily boost the shield resist.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 01:49 PM
and it is a diminishing return on the numbers stacked. More you stack the less the next one in line gives.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
and it is a diminishing return on the numbers stacked. More you stack the less the next one in line gives.
heh I plan to get two armor consoles, one for all energy types possible, one for kinetic resist. with a third based on what PVE I'm doing heavily (plasma for borg! )
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygone View Post
Hull only.
Hmm, I came to the opposite conclusion looking at my character sheet. EPtS (which should be shield-only) increases your resistances. Armor consoles (which you claim should be hull-only) increases the same numbers.

This was several weeks ago, so my memory could be incorrect.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgatag
Hmm, I came to the opposite conclusion looking at my character sheet. EPtS (which should be shield-only) increases your resistances. Armor consoles (which you claim should be hull-only) increases the same numbers.

This was several weeks ago, so my memory could be incorrect.
That EPtS Should be increasing your shield's innate resistance, not hull resistances.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2012, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halstead
That EPtS Should be increasing your shield's innate resistance, not hull resistances.
Yes, I just retested it, and EPtS doesn't change the resistance numbers on my character sheet. I guess it's time to find something else to do with my eng consoles...