Lt. Commander
# 21
03-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgreenwade View Post
OK, bad idea.

And yes, I must (with some embarrassment) admit that I forgot about Tasha's deaths. (Three of them, in fact; one in Season 1, another recounted by Sela in Season 5, and yet another at the end of Season 7.)
She also died in season 3 (Yesterdays Enterprise)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlaine View Post
Nope... The Enterprise C went into battle, wich she survived. She died several years later, while trying to smuggle Sela out of her home.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verlaine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Nope... The Enterprise C went into battle, wich she survived. She died several years later, while trying to smuggle Sela out of her home.
That is correct -- though I still held, at the time, that the rule on TNG was that Tasha had to die in every odd-numbered season. (I even held up a hope that they'd continue the tradition on DS9.)
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerithlan
I for one would prefer crippling, maiming scars.

"He's lost a leg, Jim."

"Just replicate a new one for him!"
That, too has actually happened in Star Trek. (Specifically, to Nog in the last season of DS9.)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobgreenwade View Post
That is correct -- though I still held, at the time, that the rule on TNG was that Tasha had to die in every odd-numbered season. (I even held up a hope that they'd continue the tradition on DS9.)
This. I was happy every single time she got killed. Hated her acting and her character.

Oh and actually she died 4 times.

1) TNG "Skin of Evil"
2) TNG "Redemption pt2" Sela's account spawning from an alternate reality from "Yesterdays Enterprise"
3) TNG "All Good Things"
4) Family Guy Season 7 "Not All Dogs Go to Heaven" when Stewie kills Denise Crosby right off the bat with a disruptor pistol after transporting the bridge crew cast to his house. Freaking hilarious.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-18-2012, 11:49 PM
A pity we couldn't flag certain officers as "expendable" thus allowing us to keep the ones we truely value, I too would enjoy the chance of having a BO killed.

One could also tie it in with the current death penalty, i.e. after so many CRITICAL injuries are incurred there is a possibility of the character dying on the table.

Provided one heals their crew regularly, a BO dying could be avoided. Seems like a fair compromise to me, but then again, I've always been an advocate of consequences.