Lt. Commander
# 1 Flag Ship Bridges.
03-15-2012, 06:54 AM
Been on Tribble, checked 'em out. Want the Odyssey for one of my Fed toons..
One little quibble with the bridges for both the Fed and KDF..

after doing these wonderfull, amazing bridges.. How come the capatins office off the bridge is exactly the same as the old ones.. Here are these absolutly fantastic fabulous multi level bridges .. and the captain day cabin (navy parlance for the captains office) is the same old dull design and does not reflect the looks and feel of the new bridges..

Also, A specific issue with the Bor'task bridge..

From the bridge you look out the windows.. (I love the windows, they're a great touch) but you can clearly see thatthe KDF bridge is mounted high up on the ship and close to inline with the warp nacels.. But, when you look at the ship model in game these is not evident structure for that bridge on the ships model.

It's simply not there..

The way the bridge is laid out you would definatly notice it from outside the ship! Either add a bridge tower ventral amidships or change the externals and move theat bridge out to the boom.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post

From the bridge you look out the windows.. (I love the windows, they're a great touch) but you can clearly see thatthe KDF bridge is mounted high up on the ship and close to inline with the warp nacels.. But, when you look at the ship model in game these is not evident structure for that bridge on the ships model.

It's simply not there..
Where do you think the remaining 4% of the Bortas' cloak went?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
I'm ok with having the same old ready room as before. But please, PLEASE give us another engineering room! I never liked the disign and with this wonderful new bridge engineering just looks.. shabby. I would even pay a few c-points for it!

The new bridge is fantastic though! Thank you very much for it!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khemaraa_Iron_Hand_KBF View Post
I think its the little nodule around the middle - near where the central 'strut' ends. It isn't the more forward thing that looks like a bridge; you can see that from the window.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-16-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
I think its the little nodule around the middle - near where the central 'strut' ends. It isn't the more forward thing that looks like a bridge; you can see that from the window.
Nope.. thats not it.. the oDyssey bridge is pretty obvious..

the issue from the KDF bridge is the view which puts it mounted high up on the deck house....the problems is.. you look at the ouside of the ship and where you would expect the wonderfull bridge to be is nothing but an expanse of smooth hull...

And the KDF Bridges are still TOO DIMLY LIT! Good lord.. we don't run around under battle lighting all the time.. and canon you only getthat dark gloomy bit when the ship power is being re-routed to the cloak.

My crew had better be able to find thier way around the bridge in the dark.. but that doesn't mean I want the bridge dark!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-16-2012, 09:29 AM
I liked the design of the Odyssey bridge, but it had the same problem as most of the other bridges/ship interiors - it was comically oversized. I also know that Cryptic has said that ship interiors were made as large as they are to allow for camera movement. Well, after having played half a dozen Foundry missions with ship interior maps altered to be the proper size, I can tell you that Cryptic's line is complete bull. There are no camera issues with a smaller interior. Go play Atlas Affair if you don't believe me. I also recall someone at Cryptic saying last year that they intended to go back and spruce up the existing ship interiors to make them as detailed as the TOS pack. Hopefully when they do so they'll make them all smaller so that they don't look like they are meant to be inhabited by some giant race.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM
The bridge on the free Oddy was oversized but OK for the job. The new Oddy is just epic in every way except the ready room, especially as there is no door so you can see your fish tank from the captain's seat. It is simply a work of art and I adore the split level, my new fave part of the ship at the lower front level, wonderful. I have now made it a personal rule that I will only sort my DOFF missions from the bridge giving me a reason to go there that makes sense. Thanks for this Cryptic, now when is the rest of the ship going to be done the same including lots of interactions and useful stuff like mail and exchange?

Oddy Interior Interactive Set Pack on C store coming soon - I hope.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Also like to add my praise for the new Oddy bridge.

It is a shame there is not a door on the ready room, hoping someone is coming to fit that soon.

There is a lot of unseen detail and little "Easter Eggs" on the bridge.

The easy one is that the displays have CaptLogan's work schedule on them, some are upside down and fipped but on or two have it correct.

example is here:-

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...q/schedule.jpg

One thing that I found while playing with DemoRecord is that the bridge "Map" includes a full scale Oddy saucer section so as to provide the correct view out of the windows, its not full textured but its a nice touch
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
The easy one is that the displays have CaptLogan's work schedule on them, some are upside down and fipped but on or two have it correct.

example is here:-

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...q/schedule.jpg
...Oh that is just too awesome. XD Gonna have to hop on mine and look at that now.