Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
actually i am sure it says in the tooltip that if you mis-address a mail it may take some time to return to sender (which implies that they do get returned or at least that was the intention but could be another broken feature) unless the address you did use actually exists but isn't the person you intended
very true. If one makes a typo in the actual address and it goes to the wrong player then the rule of finders keepers applies. I would be the last one in the world to dispute that. After all fair is fair.

However if the e-mail system is built to be totally unforgiving and will not prompt you in regards to a improperly formatted address i.e. a missing @ symbol, then I think the e-mail system needs to be improved.

Try sending a regular e-mail thru any web provider you like and omit .COM or .ORG or donít put a @ symbol in the right place. Your e-mail provider will NOT let that e-mail be sent because it is not properly formatted. It's just that simple.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davejl_99 View Post
The oldest message I have in my mailbox is from April 2, 2010. So, I could be wrong, but I don't think messages expire.
Odd, on at least two occasions I have emailed stuff to myself that, for various reasons, didn't get picked up for a week and vanished. It was in mail but after a week without being collected it and the mail it was attached to were gone. I just assumed there was a time limit. Will go back and test it with some junk and see what happens.