Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2012, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bargeloobs
Ok! I just gone and brought some Credits with the intention of getting the Dreadnought Cruiser as I was well impressed with the Lance feature on it! Before I parted with my credits I thought I would scour the forums to do some research but find myself bombarded with information overload leaving me totally confused!

I am a Level 50 Engineering captain and am still trying to get to grips with the game. I am mostly doing the story missions and normal STF so not really that into PvP stuff at the moment, so it would be nice if I could stand on my own two feet while being able to extend shields etc in STF. I am currently in a Star Cruiser.

My question is purely what ship (if any) to buy? I have 2k Cpoints. Or should I not buy the ship and buy something else?

Sorry for the really noob question, but I thought I would ask before I wasted my money
I would really suggest that you wait and sit on those points for a bit. The reason is that you said you're still getting use to the game, which means that you may change your preference for the type of ship you'd want later on.

I'd say play the game for a while, try out some pvp and see if you like/hate it. Then once you know what you want to do with the ship, as well as what type of ship you want, then make a purchase.

Lastly, as much as I love the dread, it is a slow moving cow. The only saving grace is the spinal lance, which if you're not a tac captain you can't really get the most out of it. So unless you're planning to start another character (tac captain) I'd say skip the dread as it is not worth the price for your eng toon.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2012, 12:29 PM
My advice, buy what you want to fly. There is no "ship to have" IMO. I fly the Dread when I just want a change from my Defiant.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2012, 01:43 PM
GX is a good ship, but i fear that unless you are a tac captain you wont get the most out of it. The phaser Lance is basically a BO1 without a tac captain. With a tac captain it is a BO10, crits for 55k twice