Lt. Commander
# 1 Odyssey Class Crew set to 2500
03-17-2012, 02:06 PM
I command the free Oddy and discovered that it's crew was also increased to 2500, which makes sense for a big ship to have more crew than the Galaxy. Buuuut...

In STFs, my crew is INSTA-KILLED the moment I engage the borg. I get spammed with a few assimilate ships and torps and despite brace for impact and polarize hull etc. My crew is literally wiped out (incapacitated) in seconds. It's not that bad since I hardly feel the difference, but on the other hand it takes FOREVER to get my crew up again. In fact, after the STF, it takes longer than 150 seconds (auto-leave) to heal my little crewmen up again. As a consequence, I NEVER fight with more than 60-70% of my crew.

This is a bit ridiculous. Something has to be done here, I mean come on - even the unnamed crewmembers were more useful in the shows
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2012, 04:05 PM
The first time i play with Tac.Oddy, was against three probes and one sphere in Karīrat. I the battle was finish had 67 crew alive.
:p
I think the Starfleet Corps of Engineers suck
Fix please.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Clearly the Odyssey is the least OSHA-compliant ship in the Federation to date.

And that's really saying something.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2012, 04:11 PM
I guess I'll need to keep some empty torpedo casings on hand for burials in space.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2012, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by myers70 View Post
I guess I'll need to keep some empty torpedo casings on hand for burials in space.
Could you imagine having to be one of the guys that has to clear 2000 corpses off of a ship the size of the Odyssey?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2012, 04:46 PM
I found that that force fields alone, in an engineering slot, is not that much help, but the Jem'Hadar set plus force fields helps a great deal.

The die off in the Oddy with anything else is pretty overwhelming.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Now imagine being a klingon Vo'Quv carrier with 4000 crew and seeing them all die to 4 torpedo hits to the shields.

The crew deaths are because torpedoes kill crew on a % base. So a ship with 100 crewmembers loses all its crew in 4 torpedo hits to the shields...just like my carrier loses all its 4000 crew to the same 4 torpedo hits.

Thankfully, crew is irrelevant. The insignificant hull regen they give is in no way missed. Its only outside of combat that their hull regen really works. Which is rather silly.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2012, 04:54 PM
Crew remains an inconsistent mechanic after all this time. It hasn't been addressed, nor fixed, nor does it seem to add much to the game in its presently failed implementation (beyond the Doff system, which works okay, aside from being capped to 400).

After more than two years, they haven't really touched it... so, I'm not holding my breath anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CmdrSkyfaller
The crew deaths are because torpedoes kill crew on a % base. So a ship with 100 crewmembers loses all its crew in 4 torpedo hits to the shields...just like my carrier loses all its 4000 crew to the same 4 torpedo hits.

Thankfully, crew is irrelevant. The insignificant hull regen they give is in no way missed. Its only outside of combat that their hull regen really works. Which is rather silly.
I will not refute that.
But I have other ships, and does not happen!
For irreverant crew is not know, because often happens the guns fail to operate for longer than 10 seconds. And once again, never happened to me in other ship.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2012, 09:00 PM
I run the Biofunction Monitor, I don't know how much it helps but I almost always seem to have a full compliment after an Elite STF, but I admit I fly a tank Assualt Cruiser.