Lt. Commander
# 1 Need keybind help :)
02-29-2012, 11:54 PM
Can someone make me a keybind command to cast couple of skills together:

Brace for Impact III, Engineerign fleet II, EPS Power Transfer III, Nadion Inversion III, Rotate shield frequency III
and if possible:
Cloack and Abandon ship III

I wanna bind them to key 1 and 2, i have foudn the tutorial where to create the file and how to call it in-game, jsut cant figure out what i do wrogn with my commands.

Ty in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-01-2012, 08:31 AM
I vaguely remember that it might be possible to call individual powers via keybinds by their names, but it is much easier to just put the powers in specific locations on the tray and call those slots.

So, to call three powers with the 1 key.

1 "+TrayExecByTray 1 0$$+TrayExecByTray 1 1$$+TrayExecByTray 1 2"

Since numbering starts at zero this will invoke the powers that are in tray 2, slots 1 to 3.

Due to timing issues on some powers, namely a half second needed delay between key presses, you might have to hit the '1' key a couple of times to get all powers to fire. This was to prevent the "I WIN' button from being created.

Hope this helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-01-2012, 08:38 AM
Also remember that multiple keybinds on one key will activate in reverse order, so in the example given power 1 2 will activate first, then 1 1 followed by 1 0.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Not always... but for long strings it usually does.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-01-2012, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by certurash
Also remember that multiple keybinds on one key will activate in reverse order, so in the example given power 1 2 will activate first, then 1 1 followed by 1 0.
This is incorrect. I have 10 powers bound to one key and they activate in random order even when I have the order listed from 0 to 9 which in theory should activate from 9 to 0. Also keep in mind when there more than 3 powers to one key, they activate in sets of 3. Not all 10 will activate at the same time...

Hope this helps.

Ps: I thought the syntax to separate commands on one key was $$ not just a single $?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-01-2012, 09:37 AM
You are right... two $$... damn fingers... need to cut them off one of these days.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
This is incorrect. I have 10 powers bound to one key and they activate in random order even when I have the order listed from 0 to 9 which in theory should activate from 9 to 0. Also keep in mind when there more than 3 powers to one key, they activate in sets of 3. Not all 10 will activate at the same time...

Hope this helps.
hmm interesting, my keybinds 'seem' to activate in reverse order (and i have done plenty of experimenting in my efforts to understand keybinds and their use).
Thanks for the info.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-01-2012, 01:48 PM
Appears to be very random activation Need some more help with my last keybind:

/bind space "GenSendMessage HUD_Root FirePhasers $$ +power_exec Distribute_Shields"

wanna make it "decloak" me, but not cloaking even it's possible atm, any ideas ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2012, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by certurash
hmm interesting, my keybinds 'seem' to activate in reverse order (and i have done plenty of experimenting in my efforts to understand keybinds and their use).
Thanks for the info.
I just started the keybinding myself (great guides here on forum btw!!), and I find a different exe pattern. When I chain bind actions the first and the last will activate on the first push of the key. Then the second and second to last and so forth. so two keys are activated each time I push the bottom and the order is from start/last towards middel...

Is this different for everybody?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depaldiue View Post
I just started the keybinding myself (great guides here on forum btw!!), and I find a different exe pattern. When I chain bind actions the first and the last will activate on the first push of the key. Then the second and second to last and so forth. so two keys are activated each time I push the bottom and the order is from start/last towards middel...

Is this different for everybody?
Yeap, is random, still need the "decloack" command