Lt. Commander
# 31
03-17-2012, 04:21 PM
That is very well done. Makes me proud to be on the team!
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-17-2012, 05:19 PM
"Awww " to the (expected) dodging the KDF bullet. BUT:

Quote:
Dan:: Sure. That’s a great, there’s a lot of great ideas there like doing the chess and the holodeck and the poker. In fact I think we’ve been talking about this for a long time as these being great ideas. Even the idea of travelling across the galaxy <scrambled> For those who might be new to the game I’ve been answering that question since beta. So, in terms of what are the plans, there are no plans at this time to add anything to your bridge and ship interiors because we would like to change how your interiors work. Another problem I don’t like how bridges and ship interiors were made is A; you can’t customise them other than the trophy room and B: We can’t make content in them. Like for example, you make your starship interior look like, you know, configuration X and someone else makes their starship interior look like configuration Y, it’s very challenging for us to make a mission in which someone boards your ship or something happens because we have to tell the enemies where to go and what to do and there’s a lot tech to that. Now, one of the things we’d need to do, we’d sorta reengineer how all of that works so we can get to the ultimate goal of your bridge and ship interiors having functionality. Now that said, we’re absolutely looking at what we can do in the short term to make ship interiors useful. Like, I think we’re super close to being able to do things similar to duty officers system. I would love to be able to go to my engine room and have some duty officers do something in my engine room and have different assignments that are available on my ship.
*incoherent babbling including stuff like "want that now" & "sqeee"*
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-17-2012, 09:16 PM
big thanks for the transcript
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveFatal1ty
It is our pleasure. We will try and make sure all future interviews are transcribed...
Thanks! It is not just neat for the hearing impaired! one problem with podcasts (audio or video) is always "quoting" it or referring to it. You are only left with hearsay normally, which makes discussing contents more difficult. I will shamelessly steal an excerpt of your transcript for a post in the PvP forums.

If I could, I'd give a +1, Like or positive reputation, but as it stands, I can only say thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm happy for that transcript knowing I just had to do a filter through the transcript to find out the KDF question was dodged once again instead of having to listen for an hour rambling on about things that have been rambled on about for years.

Good job on transcript.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Well i'm sorry to say i don't watch online movies and listen to stuff, so the transcript was VERY useful at finding out what's going on...keep it coming!

Opinion so far after reading transcript: well, the romulan and cardassian idea is good no matter what (me, i'd very much like to take a look at Cardassia Prime or have a big romulan/reman base at the Vault - that was one of my favorite places, too bad it's only in a single shuttle mission D: ), the whole fleet STF thing is a great idea, i LOVED the ship crafting thing (hoping it looks something like Space Empires 5 or Galactic Civilizations 2, those games had great ship designing UI), i don't mind functional ship interiors...but a little question to the team out there: if you made sure there were no bugs to start with, how much would it take compared to rooting them out as you go? (sorry, but i can't resist the urge to find solutions that get more content out -and- fix bugs... )

P.S. big idea for foundry: make it a full mod tool to make your very own games with (is that even possible with an MMO? i mean sure, there are games that make mods available to the entire population, but i've never seen any of them actually run the game simultaneously for massive quantities of players...might be workable with the instance system and some UI changes as well as a big foundry buff, but i can't tell )
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-19-2012, 02:51 AM
Great Job on the transcription! I think any and all interviews done by anyone regarding Star Trek Online should be transcribed not only for the hearing impaired, but also for non english speaking folks so they can translate it.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-19-2012, 03:29 AM
Kudos on the transcription work. Thank you!

Back to some complaints by others for a moment...
I'd settle for Cryptic finding the right database solution so we don't continue to endure so much downtime.

With regards to increased KDF faction support...

Instead of complaining, how about creating some metrics that demonstrate how Cryptic will be assured of community support and monetization if they add additional development focus on the KDF side?

I imagine Dan Stahl and Stephen DeAngelo must justify any current and future STO dev work with comprehensive business analytics/metrics to Perfect World.

That's data which JUSTIFIES any further STO expansion work beyond their established dev/operations budgets.

Yes, we've heard the intent to boost Klingon content for two years.

I want to know: Is Perfect World looking at the sales figures for the Bortas C-Store ship? What's the gauge to judging whether to expand KDF content? Are they judging F2P conversion rates? Particularly the conversion of players into the game who go Gold or Silver -- and play KDF with some frequency, e.g. generating C-Store and subscription revenues.

I doubt we'll ever know the specifics. But what I want to know: HOW CAN THE COMMUNITY HELP CRYPTIC TO JUSTIFY A RENEWED FOCUS ON NEW KLINGON CONTENT?

That should be the question, fellow STO players.

I also think Cryptic should offer a bounty (prize money) on STO Foundry missions which could become in-game Featured Missions, particularly on the Klingon side. AND/OR unlock the power of the Foundry with more assets, functionality, etc. so the KDF side gets more quality Foundry missions from STO Foundry devs.