Lt. Commander
Anyone else think it's needed? A conference call entirely devoted to identifying foundry bugs that really need to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Bugzilla!
03-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Bugzilla, anyone?

I know, I know... "File your bug report with a Cryptic (Perfect World) ticket." But surely there's a way for Cryptic to track bugs without resorting to these Forum posts.

Aren't we, after all, constantly beta testing the STO Foundry via our mission work? Aren't we saving Cryptic a lot of QA testing?

As usual, good thinking, Kirkfat.

I'll second the conference call idea. But I'd love to hear the results of the first conference call before doing another. (In other words, what actions were taken with community authored episodes, per that phone call?)
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Yes, I think a conference all to discuss bugs and secondarily Foundry limitations is necessary (not feature requests, just current shortcomings that cause us a lot of problems like inability to beam up contacts or set component complete triggers on friendly groups).
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2012, 07:25 PM
Who do we need to buy a round for to get this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Considering they only "fixed" the NPC contacts dying now, and only realized it since a Dev made a mission where it happened (despite it being a well known an posted on issue here), I'm really for it.

An info session where we can make sure they know about the problems would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2012, 07:16 AM
If we're going to have a conference call about bugs, why not top it off with the dev responding making a mission that attempts to "disprove" all of these bugs by doing what triggers them?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
Bugzilla, anyone?

I know, I know... "File your bug report with a Cryptic (Perfect World) ticket." But surely there's a way for Cryptic to track bugs without resorting to these Forum posts.

Aren't we, after all, constantly beta testing the STO Foundry via our mission work? Aren't we saving Cryptic a lot of QA testing?

As usual, good thinking, Kirkfat.

I'll second the conference call idea. But I'd love to hear the results of the first conference call before doing another. (In other words, what actions were taken with community authored episodes, per that phone call?)
You're assuming Cryptic cares what we think or say.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusNCC1701
You're assuming Cryptic cares what we think or say.
I am, optimist that I be. (Somewhat foolish, too, given Cryptic's history with the STO community at times.)

I'd like to think that the more an issue is raised/discussed, the easier it is for Cryptic to point to the user base (customer base/developer base) and justify a response.

Frankly, the more bug issues for Foundry users, the less episodes will be produced. Prospective devs/authors will get discouraged. (Which I know some already are.) The community continues to set the tone for "What are we paying for? Are we valued customers?" Bottom line: That impacts sales at some point.

I don't think Cryptic wants to see that happen. We'll see what their parent company (Perfect World) allows to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
I am, optimist that I be. (Somewhat foolish, too, given Cryptic's history with the STO community at times.)

I'd like to think that the more an issue is raised/discussed, the easier it is for Cryptic to point to the user base (customer base/developer base) and justify a response.

Frankly, the more bug issues for Foundry users, the less episodes will be produced. Prospective devs/authors will get discouraged. (Which I know some already are.) The community continues to set the tone for "What are we paying for? Are we valued customers?" Bottom line: That impacts sales at some point.

I don't think Cryptic wants to see that happen. We'll see what their parent company (Perfect World) allows to happen.
It's becoming to the point where Cryptic got your money, what do they care?