Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-19-2012, 01:49 PM
I've been doing so much hull tanking with my bop as the KHG shields just never regen. Lets go try out the old borg set and 3 consoles. BBL
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-19-2012, 02:11 PM
Ive actually never ran with those consoles on my bop till "recently" never had "too" much of a problem. Put 3 in the other day, felt the same, or it may just be the number of faw Im having to fly through has increased.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-19-2012, 03:28 PM
I've always used just one. Well I did just try out the full borg set, with 3 consoles, from running 2 piece khg and 2 piece borg. Lost about 2k shileds. On the other hand just using EPTS 1 I was able to actually have shields for most of the matches. Only time I ever felt any pressure it was from FAW 3 and then it was from some phased polarons. Very unscientific test on my part. Was only 4 matches of pugging. See what happens when someone serious gets some shots in.

No Hale that's not an invite.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-19-2012, 04:39 PM
This is probably the dumbest thing I've witnessed coming out of Cryptic's ideas for the game, except for the other dumb things they've done but most of those were bugs, I can live with bugs but to bring a ship out with extra console slots than the rest and then make one of the best shield consoles in the game stackable is just poor.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Personally I believe this console shouldn't even exist. It's simply another shortcut Cryptic took that's grown into a problem.

If the shields at endgame were not strong enough, then the SHIELDS should have all been adjusted. Not a one off miracle console that gives you +35% capacity. No other console Cstore, or otherwise gives you so much with no downside.

The fact that it stacks is just absurd to me .
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph.B
Personally I believe this console shouldn't even exist. It's simply another shortcut Cryptic took that's grown into a problem.

If the shields at endgame were not strong enough, then the SHIELDS should have all been adjusted. Not a one off miracle console that gives you +35% capacity. No other console Cstore, or otherwise gives you so much with no downside.

The fact that it stacks is just absurd to me .
ya it just seems like a bandaid instead of raising all shield hit point by 35%, or they could raise the innate ship type shield modifiers. the console should be increasing resistance, not capacity
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-20-2012, 12:50 AM
just watched the stoked, at about 13 minutes this guy says the this is a bug and not intentional, he talked to the devs somehow or other.

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/1...ce-stoked-115/
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-20-2012, 01:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
just watched the stoked, at about 13 minutes this guy says the this is a bug and not intentional, he talked to the devs somehow or other.

http://www.jupiterbroadcasting.com/1...ce-stoked-115/
Finally some reasonably believable information.

Its a bug and will be fixed.

Alright everyone.

Lets put the rumour to rest.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-20-2012, 06:37 AM
So the published Stoked makes it sound like a definite bug, while the live chat supposedly had it as intentional. Let's hope it's the former.

Of course, it will be curious to see what happens to all the ships which currently have multiple consoles...
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-20-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
So the published Stoked makes it sound like a definite bug, while the live chat supposedly had it as intentional. Let's hope it's the former.

Of course, it will be curious to see what happens to all the ships which currently have multiple consoles...
They will go back to the insta-pops they were before the bug.