Lt. Commander
# 31
03-20-2012, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I find it funny that we have a content drought only when the feds feel it and do not have one when the KDF has still been asking for more PvE for thier faction.
Agreed so much.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-20-2012, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
When the feds get new missions or mission remasters it's a content "trickle."

When no one gets new missions, it's a full fledged drought.

Be so totally sweet to have a brand new KDF mission to run through. It's been so so long.
I guess I've just gotten used to not being trickled on for two years as a KDF player.
Does that make Cryptic the STO version of R.Kelly for the feds?
So it is only a valid "lacking of gameplay" if the feds are the only players missing something?

Since we KDF fans have gotten no new or remastered missions, does that mean we are not worth being trickled on? and what is the accepted term for that lack of missions?

Pardon me, I suddenly feel the call of nature.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-20-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Does that make Cryptic the STO version of R.Kelly for the feds?
YES! Great reference there!
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-20-2012, 06:07 AM
Quote:
I find it funny that we have a content drought only when the feds feel it and do not have one when the KDF has still been asking for more PvE for thier faction.
For 80% of players, that's naturally the case.

I think the KDF can be more and should be more but it will take a rethinking of some things, some of which may not immediately appeal to the existing KDF players. The problem is that what would entice those existing players (myself included, at least at first blush) isn't necessarily what will fill that faction out and make it more profitable.

I have a lot of thoughts on this.

One is, KDF need more crafting exclusives. One overall thing is, there need to be accolade unlocks and crafting perks for leveling on both sides. Cryptic, I think, tends to be stingy with incentivizing things like KDF and STFs. They're a LOT less stingy with Defera rewards but only run that event in very sporadic windows.

I want to put one thing out there:

You know how a game like ********, gear progression begins at endgame?

With Cryptic being kinda short on content, they need to urge people to play what's there. All of what's there.

Take, for instance, if they had a Mark XIII PvP gear store and to access it you needed to max out both a Fed and a KDF alt.

Mission replay rewards are nice, especially KDF side, but they are buried for most people and most folks don't realize that they're BoE. You want RCS consoles? Forget paying crazy rates on the exchange; they're in KDF mission replay.

Gate things that benefit a Fed, that are required to be maxed out and competitive, by having a KDF alt and you will see a lot more Klingons. You'll also see a lot less interest in starting Klingons at Level 1 but you will see more Klingons. And Klingons would have a fuller experience if they felt the need to play all Fed content for their Klingon.

Just my feeling on it. Cryptic needs more "clean plate awards" for finishing missions leftover at endgame, for playing all Fleet Actions and STFs and missions at least once, for playing them a second time, tangible rewards for getting all the profession accolades in missions.

There's not enough to do, definitely, but I can see the flipside, which is that people aren't doing what's there. Cryptic needs to see clean plates to justify second helpings and I think people lack a strong way to track their clean plate status and I'm not sure Cryptic has always tracked this beyond just leveling statistics. And we need both more content and for Cryptic seeing us getting more out of what's there as a community... and a big part of that starts by recognizing clean plates.

That may run counterintuitively for some folks who think it encourages missing content or skipping through it. I think other steps need to be taken there. But they need to make everyone want to try everything on both sides once. That will start to shore up numbers for developing more KDF content.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-20-2012, 06:28 AM
They'd be unlikely to force Feds to play KDF for rewards on their Fed toons, because then Feds that did not care about the various holes on the KDF side would join in complaining about those holes.

Also, were they to fix the holes at that point, they would not be fixing them for the KDF - they would be fixing them for the Feds complaining about the holes that they have to play through...

Outside of the holes in the 30s and the huge hole at 40, there are other minor holes.

On a Fed, you complete a mission that leaves you just short of the level needed for the next one - odds are that in the sector you're in, you can do a quick patrol to hit that level. On a KDF, there are no patrols. You're looking at heading back to Pi Canis for one of the two sorties or heading back to Omega Leonis for one of the Empire Defense. Once you're done with that, then you can head back to the sector that you were in. Back and forth...back and forth.

It goes beyond just the missing "story" - the mechanics are simply frustrating as well.

So I can't see them wanting to have all the Feds complaining about that as well as they feel the need to level up their KDF alts to get something for their Fed mains... and it would be a slap in the face of the KDF players to fix things in the end only to satisfy the complaints of the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
For 80% of players, that's naturally the case.
Citation needed. The source of those numbers is invalid if it's DStahl.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-20-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What is the plan for content going forward? Not some vague nonsense, but what is the real plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Just going to leave this here: https://twitter.com/pwe_branflakes/s...57282685022208

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Point in case

Seriously though, is hinting at randomly released content the best we can expect going forward? Have the Devs completely given up on any kind of actual schedule for releasing new content? It would seem so.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-20-2012, 07:09 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

There's not enough to do, definitely, but I can see the flipside, which is that people aren't doing what's there.
Some valid thoughts in your post.

Has it ever entered the mind though, that the reason so mnay KDF fans do Ker'rat for just PvP and the PvP ques (or just do not play at all after DOffing) is not becuase there is just not enough to do but also becuase they have done that little which they have so many times that even it has become beyond boring and repetitiuos?

If the Devs want clean plates they need to offer more fare than they currently do to the KDF to give them the appetite to clean thier plates.
The feds do not suffer this in my eyes and I have many choices to allieviate the pattern of my grind when I play my fed. That does not exist on my Klingon.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-20-2012, 07:12 AM
Cryptics precious f2pers will leave and move on to the next game.
Without a clear plan, why would they stay?
Hasn't every single study shown this?
Hasn't cryptic even admitted this?

I am putting money on the answer being "we are having a meeting about this today/tomorrow" and they never respond.

Who doesn't think this?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-20-2012, 08:16 AM
In everything that's been mentioned about the new Klingon mission, it's been singular. ONE mission. Whoop dee doo.

They need to stop trying to make everything live up to FEs - it takes too long to add voice acting and cutscenes to all the new stuff. Besides, FEs are supposed to be special. Just make some regular missions already!

Edit: There was a thread a while back about what players considered content. As I recall, it focused on mission and stuff to do with items, not the items themselves. Cryptic has given us a book that ends on a cliff hanger, and instead of giving us the sequel, gives us a fancy new bookmark, and says "Here's the new content!" The bookmark is nice, but it's be even better if I had the new book to read it with...