Lt. Commander
# 1 Constant Connectivity Issues
03-20-2012, 07:51 AM
So, perhaps this is just something hat's my problem. But I have a friend who lives nearby that frequently has similar issues so I'm guessing it's really not just me.

All throughout this game, there are many, many times when the game randomly stops responding.

In all of these instances, the game stops working in a manner that suggests the server has stopped responding, but it doesn't disconnect me. Logging out won't work, and short of simply exiting the game and starting it up again there is absolutely no way to fix this.

And this happens at random intervals, sometimes several times in a row, sometimes just as 'isolated' incidents. And this will happen up to several times per evenings (and sometimes not at all). Apart from being annoying this can sometimes lead to resetting missions that I'm completing or other unfortunate side effects.

If anyone else has ever had this issue and found a solution, I'd love to hear about it.

Some additional information:
- STO is on my Firewall's exceptions list
- Other internet applications are usually running (Skype, X-Fire, sometimes streaming radio) and work fine, with no connectivity issues.
- I run avast antivirus, but I've also told it to ignore STO in any possible way.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Look at this Thread, and post the results of the tests... http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155