Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
That's right, guys...I found out through Wil's tumblr account that he's installed STO and he's playing a character by the name of "Sparks McGee".

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19...ar-trek-online

"For the sole purpose of seeing if “Sparks McGee” is already taken. For if it is not, I am going to make the man described as “Wesley Crusher, in a cowboy hat and muscle car. He also kills people.” That was a quote from me, five minutes ago. If it is…well…I’ve got ten gigs of a game I’m never going to play. At least it’s on Steam.

EDIT: It worked. Now I’m killing people with phaser rifles like…well, like Sparks would."

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is awesome news! Especially since Wil is such a huge gamer!

So if you guys run into Sparks McGee in the game, treat him right!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
That's cool. I should stalk him on the off chance that he'll talk Felicia Day into joining.

(And Felicia, if you join, I *strongly* suggest that you don't hand out your character name. You'll get 10,000 messages a day, and that's just from me! )
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Hopefully Sparks isnt the Disaster Wesley was.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
Hopefully Sparks isnt the Disaster Wesley was.
Well, Wil won't have someone else pullin' his strings this time, so I think he'll be okay. lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
If you need me I'll be soaking in a tub of chlorine for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 09:44 AM
WHEEeeeee-Toonnnn... !

I"LL HUNT YOU AND YER 10 GALLON HAT ROUND THE MOONS OF NIBIA, ROUND THE ANTARES MAELSTROM AND ROUND PERDITION'S FLAMES...

...and chase ya across Sector Space as well, through which ever Instance you hide in...

Just ta say hello..

:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 09:45 AM
This is great! Wil Wheaton is such an awsome person to hang around with (ST Conventions in Vegas were fun when he was around. I bought his book some years ago and had a good conversation when he was signing it.

Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if you should really be handing out his character name...though I guess it is harmless seeing that you aren't giving the handle...and lol, now that name will be taken by someone else who will pretend to be Wil.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if you should really be handing out his character name...though I guess it is harmless seeing that you aren't giving the handle...and lol, now that name will be taken by someone else who will pretent to be Wil.
Well, he told everyone on tumblr and Facebook, so I don't think he's really all that worried.

I agree with hort, though; I'd love to try to get Felicia to play the game as well. She's also a really big gamer, so I think she'd have a lot of fun!
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Maybe I'll roll an alt named Sheldon Cooper and hunt Wil Wheaton down!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19...ar-trek-online

"For the sole purpose of seeing if “Sparks McGee” is already taken. For if it is not, I am going to make the man described as “Wesley Crusher, in a cowboy hat and muscle car. He also kills people.” That was a quote from me, five minutes ago. If it is…well…I’ve got ten gigs of a game I’m never going to play. At least it’s on Steam.

EDIT: It worked. Now I’m killing people with phaser rifles like…well, like Sparks would."
I guess Wil didn't know that character names aren't unique, that it is the @handle that is unique. Wil's awesome though, so I'll overlook that newbiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
(And Felicia, if you join, I *strongly* suggest that you don't hand out your character name. You'll get 10,000 messages a day, and that's just from me! )
And another 10k a day from me!