Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
03-20-2012, 01:59 AM
In the past, I played PVP with my science char and her Assault cruiser. And this morring I played PVP with the same char and her odyssey tactical varint.

Now as before, still equals. Your team, and tactical determine the end of the match. If you have the best ship (and really Ody not is), the best BO, lots of hours expend on that, you will die or live depend of your team mates. If they are unexperienced, or they no have a good building on their ships... the rest, is minor question.

On fair teams PVP, maybe the ship that can do a little effect is the Operations Odyssey without her "special" consoles, and using the universal LtC as engienering as ussual on standar cruisiers, and using the universal ensign to add some interesting ability.

On other hand, players target Odyssey has primary target (maybe, people think that are very supperior ships, or maybe her size reclaim atention)... And I can sure you than Odyssey also explodes.

I no think that first +0.5 ship was too superior (it can't be +1 beacouse +1 had extra console (ok) and extra power BO (the preview Odyssey with six BO was really a true +1))

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targ35

couple that with the FAW 100% never miss issue now that we can miss well it spells get the oddy sorted and use it in pvp or get used to dying all the time very very fast..

Shame Cryptic/Perfect world Shame.....
Now don't hold me to the fire on this, but I thought I would throw this information out there since I see people griping about this never miss issue with FAW.

In fact I will start a new thread just for this post, but I will post it here for you specifically since you brought it up.

I was recently watching an episode of STOKED and was listening to that guy from Cryptic they have on all the time and the FAW never miss issue was brought up and explained.

Once upon a time the graphics were incapable of displaying a miss for any weapon. In other words even when you missed with your beams, or cannons it would still look like they were hitting the target on the screen.

Then a programmer developed a way to add in the magical miss graphic.

The problem with the programming of this new graphic is that it was not compatable with the FAW power.

In other words even though it looks like FAW never misses it does. It is just that the programming is not able to show it in the graphics.

That is how it was explained by the guy from Cryptic.

That is how I understood what he was saying.

Here is a link to the new thread I started on this issue.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=261926
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Still haven't seen how it disrupts PvP. They die like any other vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Persinally I like my 2nd aniv Oddy. No +1 ship here but the boff layput lets me stay in a fight a very long.time.