Lt. Commander
With the first day of Spring I had expected there to be one since most places do. There had been a couple of opportunities for sales that Cryptic has pasted up since F2P. Will there every be another sale again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Good question there...
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes there will be. The Ferengi will see to it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
With the first day of Spring I had expected there to be one since most places do. There had been a couple of opportunities for sales that Cryptic has pasted up since F2P. Will there every be another sale again?
Not to be snide, but, you expected them to have sales? they may have Zen sales but I doubt we will see them have an actual C store sale, it will effect their income. Its become apparent for me at least that NOTHING can effect that and last. if it isn't profitable, they won't do it. This is the new way of things, take the money as much and as fast as they can.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Champs had sales occasionally even when they were free-to-play and other free-to-play games have had special offers. I imagine STO will have them again, too.

But understand that sales are meant to generate sales. Maybe Cryptic marketing is happy with the proceeds they're getting from STO at present and don't see a need to stimulate demand with a sale.

Sales also attempt to move slow-moving product, but not sure if that factors in when you're dealing with virtual products. It's not like Gekli pets are filling up the shelves and they need to make room for inventory.

Plus, I imagine a few people are tapped out from the Cardi Lock Box deal and a sale just now might not stimulate sales as much as they'd like.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 12:49 PM
your sale is in a lock box, you just have to open it
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Gooooood question OP! I kept reading threads that were like "Dilithium Exchange is fine and just wait till another ship sale comes along" and yet each time I thought to myself "they haven't had a sale since going F2P."
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 12:52 PM
yeah, it is pretty odd. I've been waiting for a sale for a long, long time. Guess we just have to be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
Champs had sales occasionally even when they were free-to-play and other free-to-play games have had special offers. I imagine STO will have them again, too.
SNipped this down to point out one thing, most of those sales were pre, PWE.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2012, 01:17 PM
laws of retail will dictate future sales... if people are buying stuff at full price why would Cryptic have a sale? You never see Apple put it's merchandise on sale.