Lt. Commander
# 1 Game-Generated Log files
03-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Most of us PVPers are familiar with the combatlog.log files which the game can generate.

I was wondering if there's a way to generate other "combat related" files.

Specifically, I've been trying to find a way to retain the basic info we're all used to seeing at the end of a typical PVP match. A list of players divided into teams, damage/kill/healing metrics, etc.

I guess I'm asking if there's a way to get the game to generate a file with that basic info, or if there's a way of parsing/finding that info in the combatlog.log files we'reall familiar with.

I've looked at the actual code the combatlogs contain, they appear to contain no "match-specific" info, just a long list of individual combat events, divided up into time periods.

Thanks in advance for any insights you might have, my only other thought was to email the guy who created the combat log parser and see if he knows how to parse out the data I'm talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
I think the best option we have right now is to screenshot the end info and put it into a spreadsheet, try to analyse it ourselves.

It would be great if the game kept track of this, and I hope they can implement some sort of leaderboard/ranking system eventually, i'm not holding my breath.