Lt. Commander
# 1 "Uncharted" is live
02-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Hello STO Community,

Just a thread to say that "Uncharted" my (technically) second Foundry mission has been published and is available for play now. I will post information (ID, description, etc.) later, but for now, I have created this thread to hold its place. I look forward to any and all reviews!

TITLE: Uncharted
AUTHOR: @ACEMAN97
CODE: ST-HLNC2NGEW
LEVEL: 41+
LENGTH: 25-50 minutes
TAGS: None
DESCRIPTION: In 2381, Starleet Intelligence detected a massive interstellar explosion approximately 140,000 light years away, far outside the Milky Way. For 30 years, we were without a way to investigate, until now...

There we are. Though I am relatively new to the Foundry, feel free to be hard on me.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-21-2012, 07:15 AM
Feel free to post additional feedback, bugs, tips (the advice kind i mean) and stuff here!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Still nothing...I'll probably post some of the ingame reviews I got later...
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-26-2012, 02:26 PM
UPDATE

Known Issues:
- Various Dialog and Text typos/mistakes
- Invisible Objects are unnamed. If there is a way to rename them or hide them, I will fix.
- Various NPC Positioning Glitches
- Dialog NPC Glitches - Cannot be fixed by me. This is a bug within the foundry's programming in which the assigned NPC Contact is replaced by a Boff.
- Unnamed NPCs - I will fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEMAN97
[...] approximately 140,000 light years away, far outside the Milky Way.

Got me hooked! Await my feedback tomorrow!
Lt. Commander
# 6 Mission feedback
02-27-2012, 03:32 AM
I've just completed "Uncharted" and like it.

I like the pace of the mission and am a fan of far-reaching exploration. The experimental engine was well-explained, it makes sense and the amount of technobabble is just right. It was credible.

The intergalactic void had the fluidic space background and it suited excellent. From the moment I warped in it told me: "You're in new, unexplored space now." That felt great!

The not-so-unknown aliens made a surprising appearance and added just the right amount of action and plot.

On a side not, it would be cool if the USS Luna was a Luna-class ship.

All in all, "Uncharted" is a solid experience and can be done conveniently in less than an hour. Leaving the galaxy provides a Sense of Wonder, which is worth two stars already.

Fun mission, thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-01-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doblinian View Post
I've just completed "Uncharted" and like it.

I like the pace of the mission and am a fan of far-reaching exploration. The experimental engine was well-explained, it makes sense and the amount of technobabble is just right. It was credible.

The intergalactic void had the fluidic space background and it suited excellent. From the moment I warped in it told me: "You're in new, unexplored space now." That felt great!

The not-so-unknown aliens made a surprising appearance and added just the right amount of action and plot.

On a side not, it would be cool if the USS Luna was a Luna-class ship.

All in all, "Uncharted" is a solid experience and can be done conveniently in less than an hour. Leaving the galaxy provides a Sense of Wonder, which is worth two stars already.

Fun mission, thanks!
Thank you so much for playing, Doblinian! I'm glad you enjoyed my mission, and I appreciate the great feeback you've given me!
Lt. Commander
# 8 Missing start point
03-20-2012, 04:18 PM
I had to come to the forum to find out where to start this mission. It isn't mentioned in the mission text.