Lt. Commander
# 61
03-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khans_Wrath
Hi you all!!!

I dont understand why you all think, Cryptic would ignore us...
No one thinks that. That being the case, your entire post is based on a false assumption and meaningless. What people are worried about is that the Devs focus will now be more on putting things in the store for people to buy than giving people new things to DO. I hope that isnt the case, but the complete lack of any detail on whats to come for new mission type content doesnt bode well.
Lt. Commander
# 62
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
No one thinks that. That being the case, your entire post is based on a false assumption and meaningless. What people are worried about is that the Devs focus will now be more on putting things in the store for people to buy than giving people new things to DO. I hope that isnt the case, but the complete lack of any detail on whats to come for new mission type content doesnt bode well.
I always read you posts with the voice from the Grand Nagus played by Wallace Shawn :p
Lt. Commander
# 63
03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
I hope PWE_BranFlakes doesn't go into road construction because he's unable to produce anything concrete.:p
Lt. Commander
# 64
03-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suiadan
I hope PWE_BranFlakes doesn't go into road construction because he's unable to produce anything concrete.:p
Funny you should mention road construction...

Welcome to Cryptic's version of the "In Water Work Period".

Here in Oregon, we have a law which restricts the time of year you can do any construction work which might impact rivers and streams, due to it's effect on native fish and endangered species. The window runs usually from April to September, with some variation based on the particular waterway in question.

This generally has a massive impact on road construction, as it effectively limits when road construction can occur, if culverts, bridges or embankments need work that are in direct contact with, or adjacent to protected waters. You have a small window of time to get the work done. If you don't get the work done, you have a lengthy wait before you can continue the work.

In a sense, Cryptic has an "In Water Work Period" on STO. You have a small window of content (like an FE series, or Season push) that's followed by a lengthy waiting period for the next available window.

I'd say Cryptic would probably be just fine in road construction, especially here in Oregon!