Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Improving the Odyssey
03-20-2012, 04:29 PM
I currently fly the Odyssey, and while it does great in missions, she doesnt do too well in the warzone areas. Currently my shields is my biggest concern. Ive tried numerous shields and numerous setups and just cant get any better than my current setup.

My current build is as follows

Fore Weapons : Dual Plasma Beam Bank Mk XI [ACC]x2 - Rare / x4
Deflector : Polarized Parabolic Mk XI - Very Rare
Impulse : Super Cooled Combat Impulse Engines Mk XI - Very Rare
Shields : Regenerative Shield Array Mk XII - Common
Aft Weapons : Plasma Beam Array Mk XI [Acc]x2 - Rare, Plasma Beam Array Mk XI - Common, Plasma Beam Array [CrtD]x2 - Rare, Tricobalt Mine Launcher Mk XI [Dmg] - Uncommon

Engineering Consoles : Field Emitter Mk XI - Uncommon / x2, RCS Accelerator Mk XI - Rare / x1, Universal Assimulated Module - Very Rare / x1
Science Consoles : Shield Emitter Amplifier Mk XI - Rare / x2, Power Insulator Mk XI - Rare / x1
Tactical Consoles : Plasma Infuser Mk XI - Rare / x2

Bridge Officer Abilities : Engineering Team 1, Reverse Shield Polarity 1, Extends Shields 2, Torpedo Spread 1, Target Engine Subsystems 2, Emergency Power to Engines 1, Emergency Power to Shields 2, Directed Energy modulation 2, Eject warp plasma 2, Jam targeting sensors 1, Tractor beam 2, Transfer shield strength 1

Based off my current build where should I look at for improving my shields? Currently if I use transfer shield strength 1 it helps, just like Emergency power to shields 2 helps. I typically save reverse shield polarity for when I get jumped by a bird of pray in Kerrat. But my shields dont last long enough to give me a chance at surviving said bird of pray.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-20-2012, 05:18 PM
1 ditch the breen set its junk. Get your self the borg set + some coverient shields such as the reman shields there prity good until you can get the mk xi or mk xii maco shields. Ditch the beams in the back if your going to use dual beams in the front and turrets in the back for maximum damage HOWEVER since the odyssey has a low turn rate I'd recommend turrets aft and beams for or 8 beams the odyssey dosn't have a high enough turn rate for torpidose. Get rid of the RCS and get an EPS flow regulator instead. also what are you doing with torp spread? your using beams and mines instead get beam fire at will. Hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Which Odyssey are you? There are four.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkknight
1 ditch the breen set its junk. Get your self the borg set + some coverient shields such as the reman shields there prity good until you can get the mk xi or mk xii maco shields. Ditch the beams in the back if your going to use dual beams in the front and turrets in the back for maximum damage HOWEVER since the odyssey has a low turn rate I'd recommend turrets aft and beams for or 8 beams the odyssey dosn't have a high enough turn rate for torpidose. Get rid of the RCS and get an EPS flow regulator instead. also what are you doing with torp spread? your using beams and mines instead get beam fire at will. Hope it helps.
I will try some turrets out back. I went beams out back for pure DPS. But I am willing to try the turrets. The Tropedo spread was one I was using for the Galaxy class I still fly time to time. But I have enough experiance points to swap back and forth a few times.

I have some coverient shields sitting in the bank, I also havent been able to get the borg set, I already did all the borg missions but only thing I got was the console.

But this is what I will do, Im heading over to K-7 going to pick up the Corviant shields I have put up their level XI I think and ill swap out the RCS for the EPS flow regulator I have and try that. I will also head over to ESD and swap out Torpedo spread for fire at will. I will also look into which missions I need to look at for the borg set.

It does help. I was thinking my problem was due to the consoles I had picked out but I guess its just the setup of the shields and sub systems that is my limiting factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
Which Odyssey are you? There are four.
Mine is the 2 year annivesary edition.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
I use single canons and turrets for my Tac Odyssey Class with saucer separation. Ditch the bulk, get a sweet turn rate and things go boom!

I use 3 of the single canons and 1 Q torp launcher at the front
I use 3 turrets and 1 Q torp launcer at the aft

Tac BO seats
Tac Team 1 on Ens universal slot
CRF1 & HYT1 on Lt. slot

Sci BO seat
TTS 1 & HE 2

Eng BO seats
ET 1 & EPtS 2 & Aux2SIF 1 on Lt Cmd universal slot
EPtS 1, ET 2, DEM 2, & EWP 3 on Cmd slot

Consoles
Eng- Neutronium Alloy Mk XI rare or higher, RCS thrusters Mk XI rare or higher, Saucer Sep console, Aux Power console Mk XI rare or higher
Sci - Field Emitter Mk XI rare or higher, Shield Emitter Mk XI rare or higher, Borg Universal console
Tac - 3 weapons specific consoles of your chose to match weapons setup
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeAddictMike View Post
I use single canons and turrets for my Tac Odyssey Class with saucer separation. Ditch the bulk, get a sweet turn rate and things go boom!

I use 3 of the single canons and 1 Q torp launcher at the front
I use 3 turrets and 1 Q torp launcer at the aft

Tac BO seats
Tac Team 1 on Ens universal slot
CRF1 & HYT1 on Lt. slot

Sci BO seat
TTS 1 & HE 2

Eng BO seats
ET 1 & EPtS 2 & Aux2SIF 1 on Lt Cmd universal slot
EPtS 1, ET 2, DEM 2, & EWP 3 on Cmd slot

Consoles
Eng- Neutronium Alloy Mk XI rare or higher, RCS thrusters Mk XI rare or higher, Saucer Sep console, Aux Power console Mk XI rare or higher
Sci - Field Emitter Mk XI rare or higher, Shield Emitter Mk XI rare or higher, Borg Universal console
Tac - 3 weapons specific consoles of your chose to match weapons setup
Would love to ditch some of the bulk. But I have the 2nd annivesary one, not the one from the triple ship pack. So I dont have saucer seperation, and I had been relying on the RCS to improve my turn rate to almost 20 degrees a second at full power, 27 degrees a second at full impulse.

I just ditched the three beam arrays out back for three turrets, common Mk XII ones, and I got the RCS tucked away in my inventory just incase the rare Mk X EPS console doesnt cut it for me. Be a good test to go to Kerrat and see what she will do. Be nice if I didnt have to wait another 4 minutes before I can take the dilihium war zone mission again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
03-20-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkknight
1 ditch the breen set its junk. Get your self the borg set + some coverient shields such as the reman shields there prity good
The Borg set broken up to accommodate the Reman shield isn't all that much better than the full breen set. Not to the point that it'd be classified as junk.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
03-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
The Borg set broken up to accommodate the Reman shield isn't all that much better than the full breen set. Not to the point that it'd be classified as junk.
I stopped using the breen shield set for the shield set I am using now, it seems like the breen shields didnt perform as good as this one does. This one regenerates alot quicker and take more hits before being zapped.

I havent tried changing the shields out but I did swap to some light weight plasma turrets and it seemed to have helped on punching alittle better in the head on attacks I typically do. I will have to look into some harder hitting plasma turrets or maybe swap all my plasma weaponry out for polaron maybe.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
03-21-2012, 03:07 AM
I am a Tactical Captain and I equipped my 2nd Anniversary Odyssey with this setup.

Weapons:
Fore:
3 Dual Beam Banks
1 Beam array
Rear:
4 Beam arrays

My reasoning is that this gives me 5 1/2 array equivalents on the forward arc, 5 arrays to the sides and 4 to the rear for almost all around coverage less the 20 degrees to the left/right quarters. This makes the anemic turn rate largely irrelevant. With full buffs I do 2300 damage with the DBB and 1800 damage with the arrays.

Defense: Engineering slots:
4 neutronium alloys for a 18% damage reduction vs all damage.

With my skills I get 44.9% damage reduction across the board. It doesn't matter much what shield/hull recovery skills you use so long as you use skills that don't overlap. This allows me to survive 2 of the invisible 100k damage torpedoes in STF elites. It also allows me to solo the tac cubes in Kerrat or take on 2 Cubes at the same time.

I use the full Omega set for the Tetryon Glider's extra damage to shields and the Gravitic Anchor for even more damage to hulls.

This setup allows me to be a generalist ship able to tank, CC and have good DPS.

Sci Consoles:
Shield Emitter Amplifier - Boost shield heals
Field Generator - +35% shield cap
Flow Capacitor - Boosts the tetryon glider damage

Tactical consoles:
Any 2 tactical consoles of the energy of your weapons.

Skill list:

Lieutenant Tac Station
Beam Array - Fire at Will I
Beam Array - Beam Overload II

Lt. Commander Unversal station (Engineer)
Engineering Team I
Emergency Power to Weapons II
Directed Energy Modulation II

Commander Engineering Station
Emergency Power to Shields I
Reverse Shield Polarity I
Eject Warp Plasma I
Auxiliary to Structural III - Rare Boff Skill

Note that you can get EP2S II as a Lt. Commander skill and EWPlasma II as a Commander skill from the trainer instead of the EP2S III rare Boff skill.

Lieutenant Science Station
Hazard Emitters I
Tractor Beam Repulsors I

Ensign Science Station
Transfer Shield Strength I

The advantage to these skills is that all my Shield and Hull skills do not overlap. I can also use an Aux battery to boost theAux2Structural to 7400 heal and Hazard Emitters to 750 heal per pip. Add the 6200 heal of the engineering team and I can heal 20k plus hull damage in one go.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:15 AM.