Lt. Commander
BUG:

Foundry Costume/Character generator is missing previously accessible costume features; many based on account racial unlocks such as Caitian and Liberated Borg.

Description:

Currently the only races able to be selected in the foundry character maker are only the ones unlocked by the author's account. IE: Only an author with a Lifetime Sub can create a costume of a Liberated Borg were the feature used to open to all players. Additionally some items in the general Alien race creator such as organic head attaches appear to be missing for some players as well.

CATEGORY :

Costume Creator

How to reproduce.

1- Log in on a silver account and access the foundry creator.
2- Go to costumes and attempt to make a Liberated Borg costume (or any other unpurchased race costume).

Foundry Editor - Costume Tab.

####

Commentary

Someone mentioned this happened before, so whatever fixed it is broken again if that's the case. The other missing parts I can't really get a full list on as my memory is only sparked by going "Hey, I want to use that, I could before.. hmm..."

Also unrelated; how's you're day going? Have you been drinking enough water?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-26-2012, 12:41 PM
If possible I would like an update on this. I am also experiencing this bug. I cannot create a liberated bog character.

I remember, I think it was Kirkfat, saying at some point waaaay in the past that this had happened with other costume assets, but a Dev at the time said that it was a bug. If he remembers that he could probably give the whole story.

Personally, I do remember being able to make a liberated borg, but the last time I tried to make one was when the Foundry was still just on Tribble. I was a regular subscriber at the time and am now silver.

However, now that I'm considering a borg mission, I find this lack of a costume option severely limiting.

I hope this is a bug, as I would hate to see Cryptic removing Foundry assets to try and get us to subscribe.

Oh and I still can't buy any foundry slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2012, 02:47 PM
I, too, would really like to see this bug fixed.

Pretty please, devs?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
What happened a long time ago:

I was on tribble, and I realized that I couldn't make helna, because I hadn't purchased the Rigelian pack. The thread/bug was completely ignored for a long time, until I put a question about it to an Ask Cryptic. I asked if it was an indication that the foundry was being monetized.

Then a dev finally posted and said it was a bug because there is a disconnect between tribble and the c-store. For some reason, I can't remember why that explained it at the time, but it did. When it went to HD, we had access to the costumes.

If this on HD, then it's either a bug or they're monetizing the foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah that's what I was remembering. This is a little different through since this is not a c-store item but a lifetime sub item.

Still, we did do some checking last week on the Starbase UGC chatroom. A couple people with lifetime subs went into the foundry and were able to make liberated borg characters, whereas I cannot.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Yeah that's what I was remembering. This is a little different through since this is not a c-store item but a lifetime sub item.

Still, we did do some checking last week on the Starbase UGC chatroom. A couple people with lifetime subs went into the foundry and were able to make liberated borg characters, whereas I cannot.
I can't make a caitian, although I can make Helna, as if Helna is the exception. I haven't bought either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-04-2012, 12:47 PM
Rigelians aren't C-store anymore, though. I have Caitian but not Aenar, nor Lifetime. As expected, I am barred from Founderizing Aenar and Liborgs.