Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I was just in a Capture and Hold match on my Kar'Fi.

I moved to a neutral side point. It turned 'white' Klingon. I was then attacked by 2, and then a 3rd Fed ship.

I was able to destroy all three surprisingly.

I looked at the control point, and it had somehow turned 'white' Fed! WTF?


So it turns to their color, just because they had numbers, despite the fact that I blew them out of the stars? What kind of idiotic mechanic is that?


Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
Well if I'm understanding you right, with multiple people from one faction fighting on a single point the side with the most ships should be changing it faster. I'm sure it went back to your side once you sent them back to their respawn, didn't it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
03-20-2012, 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Well if I'm understanding you right, with multiple people from one faction fighting on a single point the side with the most ships should be changing it faster. I'm sure it went back to your side once you sent them back to their respawn, didn't it?
Sure, eventually.

For some reason, I coulda swore I read somewhere - and it's not on the wiki - that if there's a conflict around a cap point, that the time-duration spent during that conflict goes to whoever survives that conflict... (assuming they're still close, obviously)

If that were the case, all the time I spent fighting them should have counted towards the 'Red Klingon' capture... but it didn't. Like I said, it actually somehow turned from White Klingon, to neutral (I assume, I was too busy to notice), to White Fed by the time the smoke cleared!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
i dont think thats true. I dont remember that ever being true, but i dont cap and hold too much anymore. ppl shamed us out of there...

on a side note, be careful on wiki. I had a fleetmate tell me that their are ppl logging onto there that have been having their accounts hacked. It has something to do with being on their website and logged in at the same time. Dont personally no anyone, but I'd thought I'd throw you a warning
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
03-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
i dont think thats true. I dont remember that ever being true, but i dont cap and hold too much anymore. ppl shamed us out of there...

on a side note, be careful on wiki. I had a fleetmate tell me that their are ppl logging onto there that have been having their accounts hacked. It has something to do with being on their website and logged in at the same time. Dont personally no anyone, but I'd thought I'd throw you a warning
Holy cow, that's scary!

Yeah, I often Alt-Tab out to the wiki. Wonder how they're hacking that way?

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
03-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArykGrev View Post
Sure, eventually.

For some reason, I coulda swore I read somewhere - and it's not on the wiki - that if there's a conflict around a cap point, that the time-duration spent during that conflict goes to whoever survives that conflict... (assuming they're still close, obviously)

If that were the case, all the time I spent fighting them should have counted towards the 'Red Klingon' capture... but it didn't. Like I said, it actually somehow turned from White Klingon, to neutral (I assume, I was too busy to notice), to White Fed by the time the smoke cleared!
I thought that while it's being fought over it shouldn't move either direction, but should move the second they're done. Dunno exactly because it's been awhile since I've been in there though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout23 View Post
i dont think thats true. I dont remember that ever being true, but i dont cap and hold too much anymore. ppl shamed us out of there...

on a side note, be careful on wiki. I had a fleetmate tell me that their are ppl logging onto there that have been having their accounts hacked. It has something to do with being on their website and logged in at the same time. Dont personally no anyone, but I'd thought I'd throw you a warning
Just as an FYI the wiki issues seem to have been resolved
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:08 AM.