Lt. Commander
# 1 Becoming Klingon
03-19-2012, 08:50 AM
I hear you need to be level 24 or so to become Klingon, but how does that work?

My guess is that once one of your characters reaches level 24 that you are allowed to create a new character that is Klingon.

But I have questions, for example, what if you delete that character? And I hear you start as a Klingon at level 20, can you not start at the start? etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Once you unlock the KDF it should remain unlocked. As for starting at level 20, it was a stop gap Cryptic put in because after 2 years they have only developed 8 KDF specific story missions + the Faction Agnostic FE's. Basically they took away the first 20 levels to make the KDF a more condensed experience to offset the lack of playable content.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 08:55 AM
You get an account wide accolade "Blood of the Warrior" (Think that is what it is called). This is what unlocks KDF for you.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
i believe you can also purchase the Fed klingon race still, which means you will beable to play fed side as a klingon if you wish, but its just a different race skin, no special things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Quick, slightly derailing question: Is it worth it to play Klingon? I hear all this moaning and groaning about how the KDF content is lacking and that the DEVs never seem to do anything for the Klingons and so on and so forth. So is it worth the time and effort to even bother with the Klingon faction or is it something I should do at least the once to see if I find it any kind of fun at all?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
By The thrice Moq of Kahless it is worth it!!! Join your fellow warriors and enjoy the sensation of battle!!

Unfortunately the experience will go by very quickly due to the shortness of the faction content, but you may find that the PvE missions for the KDF are some of the best in the game.
Which is one of the many reasons why we want more.
Qa'pla!
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36
Quick, slightly derailing question: Is it worth it to play Klingon? I hear all this moaning and groaning about how the KDF content is lacking and that the DEVs never seem to do anything for the Klingons and so on and so forth. So is it worth the time and effort to even bother with the Klingon faction or is it something I should do at least the once to see if I find it any kind of fun at all?
Yes, IMO. Despite the lack of content compared to Fed side, there are some unique missions that only KDF players have access to, and some of those missions are among the best in the game. There are also some unique ships that Feds don't have like the Bird of Prey (battle cloak and ALL universal BO slots), and the carrier ships. And also, there are unique doff assignments for KDF players too, many of which provide contraband, commodities, prisoners, etc.

Plus, you have a character slot reserved only for a KDF character (if silver). Why not use it?

EDIT: and you may find that your attitude changes too: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=261884
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Yes, IMO. Despite the lack of content compared to Fed side, there are some unique missions that only KDF players have access to, and some of those missions are among the best in the game. There are also some unique ships that Feds don't have like the Bird of Prey (battle cloak and ALL universal BO slots), and the carrier ships. And also, there are unique doff assignments for KDF players too, many of which provide contraband, commodities, prisoners, etc.

Plus, you have a character slot reserved only for a KDF character (if silver). Why not use it?

EDIT: and you may find that your attitude changes too: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=261884
Well, I'll check it out. Given that I'm rather fond of the Engineering role, any suggestions on which race I should roll? I don't want to make a Gorn Engineer only to find out I should have made it an Orion or something of that nature.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinumbar
Yes, IMO. Despite the lack of content compared to Fed side, there are some unique missions that only KDF players have access to, and some of those missions are among the best in the game.
Quoted to agree. Especially The Fek'Ihri Return. That is pretty much the most fun. Though "What Lies Beneath", available to both, is probably one of the best missions in the game, at least the first time you do it. I felt really pulled in by the atmosphere and thrill of that mission moreso than others.