Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 191
03-21-2012, 12:14 AM
with all this useless assumptions in this thread and all the others on the forums i just want to assume something myself:

The avarage STO player cannot cope with his own failure, he rather searches explanations in broken game mechanics, other players cheating and a general imbalance that puts him allways into an uphill battle.
If all that was true, the game must be broken beyond repair, 80% of all players are cheaters and the player himself is unable to use the imbalance to serve himself.

Is it soooo hard to admit that there is a bigger fish than oneself in the ocean?

If you go into a PVP match solo, why do you even expect to win? a premaid team with any kind of voicechat, if it is not made up of complete fools, will always win. No matter what faction, ships, careers...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 192
03-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
I don't get the purpose of PVP now. It is not fun for the average player. It has become a haven for teams of computer geeks who know how to crack game codes. They blast through everyone's hulls and shields, killing their opponents in seconds yet their own shields and hulls don't take any damage. There should not be secrets out there for a game that everyone is supossed to enjoy. The Jem'Hadar shield use to work but since this last patch it doesn't regenerate at all and torpedos go right through it. The Devs definately nerfed it or bugged it. Now I have no defense against the teams of game hackers out there harrasing normal players.
I...
It...

What? I can't tell if this is supposed to be horrifically satirical, trolling, or an honest opinion. I can only assume trolling from the statement of "Jem'hadar shields working" because that was what you call an exploitable bug, now they simply work closer to intended.

I do however agree that the mechanics of the game are fairly poorly understood and communicated. However, there is no "hacking" just people who have taken the time and effort to understand how the game works better. There are a number of skills that reduce the amount of damage you take and a number of tactics that also do the same thing. The most experienced players are simply the best at doing so. Learn the techniques. And as always the basics:

Redistribute your shields, keep your defensive buffs up and remember, there's always someone out there who's better. Learn from them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 193
03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
I don't get the purpose of PVP now. It is not fun for the average player. It has become a haven for teams of computer geeks who know how to crack game codes. They blast through everyone's hulls and shields, killing their opponents in seconds yet their own shields and hulls don't take any damage. There should not be secrets out there for a game that everyone is supossed to enjoy. The Jem'Hadar shield use to work but since this last patch it doesn't regenerate at all and torpedos go right through it. The Devs definately nerfed it or bugged it. Now I have no defense against the teams of game hackers out there harrasing normal players.
Pls tell us you're just trolling...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 194
03-21-2012, 12:26 PM
It would certainly be easier on my self esteem if anyone who beat me was just some craven code cracker. Unfortunately I'm left with the humbling reality that a lot of people really are just better than me.

/comfort ego
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 195
03-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudl View Post
with all this useless assumptions in this thread and all the others on the forums i just want to assume something myself:

The avarage STO player cannot cope with his own failure, he rather searches explanations in broken game mechanics, other players cheating and a general imbalance that puts him allways into an uphill battle.
If all that was true, the game must be broken beyond repair, 80% of all players are cheaters and the player himself is unable to use the imbalance to serve himself.

Is it soooo hard to admit that there is a bigger fish than oneself in the ocean?

If you go into a PVP match solo, why do you even expect to win? a premaid team with any kind of voicechat, if it is not made up of complete fools, will always win. No matter what faction, ships, careers...
I didn't say anything about percentages or about me winning all the time. I am talking about the PVP game don't seem to help the average player. When you wantch certain teams that slaughters all the other teams in seconds, taking no damage or getting any casualties , then the game is a bit uneven. Obviously you feel threatened from my comments and that you are an elitest who has something to lose if the game is leveled for everybody.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 196
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof.Gast
I...
It...

What? I can't tell if this is supposed to be horrifically satirical, trolling, or an honest opinion. I can only assume trolling from the statement of "Jem'hadar shields working" because that was what you call an exploitable bug, now they simply work closer to intended.

I do however agree that the mechanics of the game are fairly poorly understood and communicated. However, there is no "hacking" just people who have taken the time and effort to understand how the game works better. There are a number of skills that reduce the amount of damage you take and a number of tactics that also do the same thing. The most experienced players are simply the best at doing so. Learn the techniques. And as always the basics:

Redistribute your shields, keep your defensive buffs up and remember, there's always someone out there who's better. Learn from them.
I have done all that stuff you say, and I'm telling you my shield doesn't regenrate to specs at all, not just in PVP but also in PVE. I don't know if its a new bug with the new patch or did they make a mistake in overzealous nerfing to fix the first bug. I don't know if its just my ship being bugged after I asked the Techs to fix my bobbing cam view or not. Th point is that the shield does not work and I had to revert to an older slower covarient shield.

Now on the subject of hacking, it is quite presuptuous of you to think that there is no hacking in this game. That is the biggest load of BS I ever heard. Where ever there is a computer program there are hackers. It happens to every server, every game system, every computer, and it happens to every network. Hackers are the people that use codes to exploit the game's glitches and they tell their buddie or sell the info to them who in turn becomes moders. This has happen to Bungie, X-box Live, PS3, WOW and other major game networks. The difference is that they employ managers who sole purpose is to catch hackers and moders to keep the game balanced and working properly. They ban these players from their networks. With the money Perfect World and Cryptic is wracking up from C-store they should hire managers to guard the game against hackers and moders. I caught a Klingon player with his new Flagship in Sirus Sector last week. I checked him out; he didn't have the Diplomatic Immunity Buff activated. I asked him how did he get there and he couldn't explain. He said that he like the fact that he can freak out fed players by comming into their safezone. That is proof enough that there are hackers and moders in this game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 197
03-22-2012, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
I have done all that stuff you say, and I'm telling you my shield doesn't regenrate to specs at all, not just in PVP but also in PVE. I don't know if its a new bug with the new patch or did they make a mistake in overzealous nerfing to fix the first bug. I don't know if its just my ship being bugged after I asked the Techs to fix my bobbing cam view or not. Th point is that the shield does not work and I had to revert to an older slower covarient shield.

Now on the subject of hacking, it is quite presuptuous of you to think that there is no hacking in this game. That is the biggest load of BS I ever heard. Where ever there is a computer program there are hackers. It happens to every server, every game system, every computer, and it happens to every network. Hackers are the people that use codes to exploit the game's glitches and they tell their buddie or sell the info to them who in turn becomes moders. This has happen to Bungie, X-box Live, PS3, WOW and other major game networks. The difference is that they employ managers who sole purpose is to catch hackers and moders to keep the game balanced and working properly. They ban these players from their networks. With the money Perfect World and Cryptic is wracking up from C-store they should hire managers to guard the game against hackers and moders. I caught a Klingon player with his new Flagship in Sirus Sector last week. I checked him out; he didn't have the Diplomatic Immunity Buff activated. I asked him how did he get there and he couldn't explain. He said that he like the fact that he can freak out fed players by comming into their safezone. That is proof enough that there are hackers and moders in this game.
Hey man,

First, Jem shield was bugged. It regenerated due to proccing the bfi doffs and resulted in continuous shield heals. It works fine now.
Edit: go do some stfs and get maco/hg/omega set and practice the proper use of 2 eps with TSS. That will make your shield bullet proof. Even better, post your build and let us hit you with few advices. It can't hurt, can it?

Cheaters are everywhere, and you're right, no software is perfectly safe, but there is a very small number of ppl that know how to cheat and crack the game.

The kling you saw in Sirius has marauding force, a trait you get after completing so many marauding missions. I can go in Sirius any time. And I don't cheat. Same is for Feds, they can go in klink zone in same way klings go in Feds.

The mistake you do is that you make assumptions that are based on false hypothesis, thus the conclusion you draw is also false. Rather than being a pain in the butt for you and us here, find out what you do wrong first, ask ppl in forums for advices and then discuss. Do not start trashing and crying for nerfs till you have the basics fully understood. There are many ppl here willing to help, you just have to express yourself in the appropriate manner.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 198
03-25-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prom3theus View Post
Hey man,

First, Jem shield was bugged. It regenerated due to proccing the bfi doffs and resulted in continuous shield heals. It works fine now.
Edit: go do some stfs and get maco/hg/omega set and practice the proper use of 2 eps with TSS. That will make your shield bullet proof. Even better, post your build and let us hit you with few advices. It can't hurt, can it?

Cheaters are everywhere, and you're right, no software is perfectly safe, but there is a very small number of ppl that know how to cheat and crack the game.

The kling you saw in Sirius has marauding force, a trait you get after completing so many marauding missions. I can go in Sirius any time. And I don't cheat. Same is for Feds, they can go in klink zone in same way klings go in Feds.

The mistake you do is that you make assumptions that are based on false hypothesis, thus the conclusion you draw is also false. Rather than being a pain in the butt for you and us here, find out what you do wrong first, ask ppl in forums for advices and then discuss. Do not start trashing and crying for nerfs till you have the basics fully understood. There are many ppl here willing to help, you just have to express yourself in the appropriate manner.
Well, if the Jem shield is working properly, then its it was a horrible shield to come up with. My old lvl X covarient shield works way better.

Well the guy didn't explain himself well, leaving me to be suspicious. I have been in this game a long time to tell the difference between normal and abnormal. I can tell when a team is using communication to beat their foe and when a player tanking a whole fleet byhimself. The whole point of these forums is to speak my mind. I don't come here to always say positive things. Thats why they made the forums. If eveybody didn't voice their problems then it would just flood the tickets to fix.

Obvously something is getting done, with all my complaining because fewer irregular situations are popping up in PVP, or I would be complaining more, right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 199
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexin_Cobra View Post
Well, if the Jem shield is working properly, then its it was a horrible shield to come up with. My old lvl X covarient shield works way better.

Well the guy didn't explain himself well, leaving me to be suspicious. I have been in this game a long time to tell the difference between normal and abnormal. I can tell when a team is using communication to beat their foe and when a player tanking a whole fleet byhimself. The whole point of these forums is to speak my mind. I don't come here to always say positive things. Thats why they made the forums. If eveybody didn't voice their problems then it would just flood the tickets to fix.

Obvously something is getting done, with all my complaining because fewer irregular situations are popping up in PVP, or I would be complaining more, right?
Ok, first, imo Jem shield is not good (at least havent tried it on a jem bug or galor as a jem set to see what benefits they bring to dominion ships - they are supposed to provide some extra). It is meant to be a pve shield that can be obtained easy, same as breen. The best sets are the ones you get from stfs. Try and compare, thats the best thing you can do.

It doesn't matter how long you've been in the game if there are things you don't know, you can still draw wrong conclusions. But, one way to find out the right thing is to ask, saying something like : "hey guys, this whatever issue doesn't seem to work properly. What do you think?", rather than complaining that whatever is wrong. Because you can be wrong more likely than 20 other ppl that are telling you otherwise. Just keep that in mind. I agree, freedom of speech and choice is important, but the way you use this right make some of us go in full defense, because there were many situations in which clueless pve-ers (and I am not saying you are one of them) start whining and crying for nerfs when in fact they do not know what they are talking about and they do not have a full understanding of the game basics.

Regarding to your last statement, I think you had been lucky recently to get in pvp with a less efficient team. Remember, there are people here in this forum (the "elites") that tweak everything to the extreme (and I am not one of them btw), but when those people build a team, they will always defeat any pug, even a good one. Don't feel bad when you loose to them, just ask them in a civilized manner what they did to be so efficient. Most of them will give you advices. Also, what makes those people great in pvp is not only the build, but the experience and skill they gained in rolling thousands hours fighting eachother. Truth is that in order to become a really good pvp-er, you need to understand the untold secrets, secrets that you won't find in any book, or webpage other than constantly reading the forum and ask questions. And play. And again play. And try different configurations. I think that this is the part of any MMO secrecy, they are worse than the knights Templar, lol. Seriously, post your build using this link

http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skillplanner/

save it and share the link to us. If your build sucks, so what? If it is good, be sure you'll be told that. Use:

for science advice: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=254571
for escort advice: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=255864
for cruiser advice: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249906

I guarantee you this will only help. If you really like this game and want to become better, read all those threads (even if you don't use all those ships) and ask for advices/opinions. Don't be afraid somebody will criticize you, in fact at the end nobody can make you change anything at all, and you only have to gain from some great advices. Really, think about it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 200
03-28-2012, 07:41 AM
It doesnt matter what tactics you take if Klingon ships are unbalanced. They can cruise right up to your ship, drop to a stop, and destroy you in 10 seconds or less. And not take much damage themselves. It seems to me that the BoP and most Klingon ships are not even capable in survivability to Fed ships in the shows. The enterprise is much more durable than a BoP. Not so in STO. Get ready to die in 10 seconds. And if you're flying an escort, get ready to die even quicker.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:38 PM.