Lt. Commander
# 1 Tech support is no help
03-13-2012, 07:03 AM
I have a recurring problem in the game. Without warning the game will quit. A dialog box says that there was an error decompressing a file. The only fix I have is to restart the computer, delete a texture.hogg file in the game folder, start the launcher and patch up over a thousand MB of data. I have contacted tech support about this numerous times, submitting a dxdiag each time. But once they see the dxdiag, Cryptic won't touch me with a ten foot pole.
The reason is that I have Windows XP running on a separate disk partition under Boot Camp on a 24 inch iMac. The iMac has an Intel processor that allows it to run a Windows system. Every single time Cryptic sees that I have a Mac, they turn their noses up at me and say they don't support Mac computers; have a nice life. But this is not a Mac problem; it's a game problem. I know this because everyone in the following thread has the very same issue.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249567
They have problems just like I do, and they all own PC's, but at least Cryptic will give them the time of day. Tech support won't even give me a second look. What am I supposed to do?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyyank View Post
They have problems just like I do, and they all own PC's, but at least Cryptic will give them the time of day. Tech support won't even give me a second look. What am I supposed to do?
They don't give us the time of day either. Don't feel left out my Mac using friend.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Cryptic has only responded once, to that link and that was back on 01/31/2012. There is still no resolution or confirmation from Cryptic that they are even working on the problem. I know the server crashes that happen every week is a big deal to them but we need to be helped as well!
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Gotta say, I like the game, but CS is a joke.
I've never had a ticket responded to..not once and I don't appear to be alone..
when you're going the nickle and dime route of F2P, bad customer service is going to kill your game and so far it doesn't look promising.
heck I can't even post to the forum half the time. I click post and it just sits there spinning forever.. I have to reload the page and try posting again (like now)