Lt. Commander
# 251
03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta63
I'm a silver Player can't afford the big gun's and gaining skills. but everyone who starts the game will look for the advantage in the C-Store CHEAT of the week, especially NEW players. seen it in other games following this PROFIT theory.
I've never spent a cent in the C-store, and I can hold up pretty well in a battle. Not great in PvP, but I enjoy honing my skills and learning from experience.
Lt. Commander
# 252
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Doesn't that just revert back too what i said originally??
Lt. Commander
# 253
03-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soleta63
Doesn't that just revert back too what i said originally??
No, what you said originally was that Silver players could be counted on to cheat by buying from the C-store rather than honing their skills in-game. My last post was meant to demonstrate that some Silver players are willing to play fair. I forgot to mention that I am a Silver Player.
Lt. Commander
# 254
03-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer View Post
Really? How many businesses do you hold to this standard? Do you only buy burgers from McDonalds if they guarantee to use that money to fund development of new sandwiches? Do you only buy movies from Warner Brothers if they promise to keep making specific movies you want?
By this defense it's like saying you shop at Eco-Friendly stores because you care about the environment but when you find out those stores send half their money to support rainforest clear cutting you continue to shop there...

Or to use one of your examples: Let's say Star Trek 2009 and Iron man are made by the same company. Now instead of putting money into getting sequels out faster they instead delayed both of those for 5 years so they could make a Dungeons and Dragons movie. What would you think of them? Most industry professionals would say that's a stupid move. Get the audience and get their money while they still are craving that product and before something else gets their attention.

Taking two established and currently successful properties and putting them on the back burner or significantly slowing their production in order to create something that's already been done a million times over and then some is just bad business sense.

What you're essentially saying is that if we want Cryptic to let STO reap the full benefits of it's monetary success and thereby make the game better faster with more manpower and make PWE actually invest in Neverwinter's development instead of letting it mooch off STO/CO then we're naive and foolish.

Yeah I guess I'm naive and foolish.
Lt. Commander
# 255
03-20-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streakfury View Post
Whoever said that this is in no way a "micro" transaction was bang on the money, if you'll pardon the expression.
People keep seeming to confuse Micro Transaction and Micro Payment...

Micro Transaction - You pay for a piece of the full product.

Micro Payment - You pay small amounts over time for the full product.
Lt. Commander
# 256
03-21-2012, 08:49 AM
awww I was enjoying reading this post over the past few days and now it's over...