Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Launcher Not Working
03-18-2012, 07:49 PM
As the title states when I try to start up the game I get "Cryptic Game Launcher Has Quit Working." I do not know if this is the root of my problem but I just switched my Antivirus Protection from Norton to Avira. I have checked all my settings and nothing has changed.

Please Help
Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
I do not think this is due to new Antivirus protection as I can run another game just fine. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled but still the Game Launcher is NOT WORKING. I have never had this problem before.

HELP PLEASE
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Hmmm...doesn't sound like an internet/firewall/AV issue if the program won't even start properly, but you might want to double check your firewall just in case.

Another thing to try is: Right click the "Star Trek Online" icon that starts the launcher and select "Run As Administrator". Give it a bit (anywhere from 10-20 seconds) to process and it should pop up a box asking permission. Click "Yes" to allow it to run.

Don't know if that will help, but it's all I can think of other than doing a system restore back to before you were having issues.

Good luck
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Thanks for the responce. I have done both of those with no luck. I think I might have to do a system restore.I have also submitted a ticket with cryptic(but that might take up to a week lol).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 04:49 PM
I still have this problem and NO I do not have STEAM. I have tried everything from uninstalling the game to reinstalling it with no avail. I have turned off al protection and still nothing.

Any and all advice helpful
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Seems to affecting a lot of us so it seems like there is an issue on Cryptics end.