Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2012, 05:16 PM
SInce you're now adding this long awaited function to the game (And thank you very much for this), will you finally be fixing the NPC spawn rates on KDF ships aswell? EG: STILL when I go to deck on my BoP I can have 100+ NPC crew spawn and flood the walkways.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2012, 05:18 PM
This is awesome, and will add some immersion. While you're tinkering with the interiors, how about making a door, marked as shuttle bay, activate our shuttle list, instead of having to ask our transporter chief.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Sweet sounds great! Thanks can't wait to try it out
Lt. Commander
# 24 Crew Uniform
03-21-2012, 05:20 PM
Please tell me we can finally customize our crew's uniforms! (demographic customization would be nice as well, as in foundry level customization with 10-20 slots for randomly spawning crew)

Maybe some more unlockables for visual effects for ship interiors (themes/etc)
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Riddle me this...

With specific reference to the new mining mission...

What on earth would inspire someone to pay 350,000 Dilithium... for an EVA suit that I can get for free from a single mission!?

Is it equipped with a personal warp drive and dilithium refinement system that makes it more expensive than an entire starship?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-21-2012, 05:30 PM
This is beyond a phenominal improvement. And, for FREE.

If anybody actually can find room to complain, they are completely, failboat, wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-21-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
Trading up sounds nice as a feature, and I log in almost solely to continue "DOffing", but I just can't stop thinking about the fact that we're buying, selling, and trading in PEOPLE in the DOff system. It just rubs me the wrong way.
Don't think of it like slavery, think of it like Major League Baseball. You're recruiting, and trading new players for your team.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribbleorlfl
Wow, seems pretty cool. Can you answer a couple quick questions? First, the contacts seem to be doffs as opposed to buffs. Any reason you're not utilizing the Dept Head assignments for these contacts? Second, since these appear to be doffs, I'm assuming this is just another way to access the doff assignments? Will these assignments count towards the 20 limit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai
Most interesting development.

I would like to ask, however - will the Science, Tactical and Operations officer contacts be based on our respective BOff toons, or will they be generic defaults?

Department Heads are not being used simply because of technical limitations. We would really like to do that, but it isn't technically feasible at the moment. Hopefully some day.

These assignments do count towards the 20 limit. Some are only found here; the purpose of this is to give you a second chance to find that rare assignment you've been having trouble finding, or to use the static always-there assignments to make hypos or regenerators or assemble turrets from schematics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsycoticVulcan
This sounds awesome. Just one question: does this mean that the random crewman wandering around my ship will be replaced with my actual doffs? That would be nice for immersion purposes.

Also, will we be able to customize those people and even our doffs?
Random crewmembers will unfortunately still be random crewmembers. That requires some tech we don't have...yet. This didn't require any new tech, just a whole lot of work.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Random crewmembers will unfortunately still be random crewmembers. That requires some tech we don't have...yet. This didn't require any new tech, just a whole lot of work.
That's a little disappointing. I'd like to see this linked to the foundry if you guys can do that.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Department Heads are not being used simply because of technical limitations. We would really like to do that, but it isn't technically feasible at the moment. Hopefully some day.
Crap. Well, maybe someday.

Quote:
These assignments do count towards the 20 limit. Some are only found here; the purpose of this is to give you a second chance to find that rare assignment you've been having trouble finding, or to use the static always-there assignments to make hypos or regenerators or assemble turrets from schematics.
Okay...will we ever see an option to allow for more than 20 doff assignments at a time? Maybe in the D-store or C-store?

Quote:
Okay, but what about customizing the random crewmembers? I think it can be done relatively easily: we can just filter what kinds of uniforms we want to see on our ship, from the six "default" versions and the C-store uniforms.