Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-21-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Next thing you know everyone is going to ask him to have him make a video of him picking up the newspaper to prove his identity... ROFL
https://twitter.com/#!/wilw The little blue circle with a checkmark means he has sent a photo ID to twitter and is a "Verified account". Note that they don't do that any more, much to the chagrin of people like Bruce Campbell.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-21-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
No one respects the Wheaton
I liked his character fine. At the time, he was a few years older than me and I thought he was cool.
<-- total loser

But after TNG, I was expecting him to show up again. After he left with the Traveler, I sort of expected him to pop up in the other series. It would've been fun to see him on Voyager, for example. He could've shown up, shot Neelix, then left to collect a bounty. Many fans would've praised him and forgiven him for all prior annoyances instantly. :p

Instead though, it seems Wheaton went with "I'm ashamed of my past because people criticized my character." He still plays nerdy rolls all the time with overwhelming arrogance, but not the *one* roll that made him famous. That all makes me sad.

Plus he started a facebook account like a week ago. His first posts were all about how much he hated facebook. Instant unsubscribe for me. I'm mad at him. I won't talk to him until he apologizes.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-21-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
He is waaaay late to the party - Pfffft.

I hear Patrick Stewart has been playing since launch and has a LTS
yeah sure.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hort_wort View Post
I liked his character fine. At the time, he was a few years older than me and I thought he was cool.
<-- total loser

But after TNG, I was expecting him to show up again. After he left with the Traveler, I sort of expected him to pop up in the other series. It would've been fun to see him on Voyager, for example. He could've shown up, shot Neelix, then left to collect a bounty. Many fans would've praised him and forgiven him for all prior annoyances instantly. :p

Instead though, it seems Wheaton went with "I'm ashamed of my past because people criticized my character." He still plays nerdy rolls all the time with overwhelming arrogance, but not the *one* roll that made him famous. That all makes me sad.

Plus he started a facebook account like a week ago. His first posts were all about how much he hated facebook. Instant unsubscribe for me. I'm mad at him. I won't talk to him until he apologizes.
Well if you counted the deleted scene from Nemesis, Wesley had returned and was at the wedding.

Hmm I don't blame him about the FB comments, I think FB should only exist for businesses only really, overall I hate its existance. But I meant Wheaton in RL face-to-face is fun to be around. I hope he goes to the TNG 25th Anv convention this year.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-21-2012, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
That's right, guys...I found out through Wil's tumblr account that he's installed STO and he's playing a character by the name of "Sparks McGee".

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19...ar-trek-online

"For the sole purpose of seeing if “Sparks McGee” is already taken. For if it is not, I am going to make the man described as “Wesley Crusher, in a cowboy hat and muscle car. He also kills people.” That was a quote from me, five minutes ago. If it is…well…I’ve got ten gigs of a game I’m never going to play. At least it’s on Steam.

EDIT: It worked. Now I’m killing people with phaser rifles like…well, like Sparks would."

I don't know about you guys, but I think this is awesome news! Especially since Wil is such a huge gamer!

So if you guys run into Sparks McGee in the game, treat him right!
Hello there this is Ericis it possible that i could get me hes ingame full name and hes handle name please.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Well if you counted the deleted scene from Nemesis, Wesley had returned and was at the wedding.
I totally missed that! Argh. So many deleted scenes that shouldn't have been....

Anyway, I feel like a jerk now. I just had that rant about him and he just shared a picture that EJ's sister drew. (EJ used to be a regular in these forums.)
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-21-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
That's right, guys...I found out through Wil's tumblr account that he's installed STO and he's playing a character by the name of "Sparks McGee".

http://wilwheaton.tumblr.com/post/19...ar-trek-online
Except that's not Wil. Wil quoted that from some guy named Draxion, who... according to his bio:
Quote:
I'm a writer, aspiring cosplayer, aspiring artist, bibliophibian, and teenage geek.
Wil's actual statement (under the quoted text describing Draxion's installation of STO and creation of Sparks McGee" was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Wheaton
Screen shots of GTFO.
From which I think he actually means "Screen shots or GTFO".
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-21-2012, 05:23 PM
Hort_Wort if Wil Wheaton does persuade Felicia Day to join STO your PM and Messages wont get through you'll get a "comm channel at maximum capacity" error cos ill be blowing up her in box

(wow that sounds really dirty now i read it back... but im not going to change it.... draw your own conclusions as to why!)
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-21-2012, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelus214 View Post
Hort_Wort if Wil Wheaton does persuade Felicia Day to join STO your PM and Messages wont get through you'll get a "comm channel at maximum capacity" error cos ill be blowing up her in box
Heh, I'd be too nervous to write her anyway. I break out in a sweat any time I talk to a girl my age.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
him being in the movie was not a deleted scene