Lt. Commander
# 351
03-22-2012, 01:22 AM
Can anyone confirm this, and if it's true, is that intended?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
Quote:
Usually in STO, there is no "order of operations". There are basically two concepts:
1) Multiply stuff. Like Shield Resistance. 10 % shield resist means a damage multiplier of 0.9. If you got 10% twice, you get 0,9 * 0,9 = 0,81 = 19 % shield resist.
Actually since Season 5 this isn't true anymore. When I last checked in January, shield resists are back to being additive. I haven't noticed anything in patch notes addressing this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 352
03-22-2012, 08:48 AM
How to check this would be:

1.Start private match
2. Fire one salve at target
3. Look at combat logs for damage to shields
You should see: Your xxxx does yyyy(zzzz) damage to so and so's left/right/rear/front shields
4. calculate your base shield resist yyyy/zzzz x 100%
5. Have target use EPTS and repeat
6. Calculate what your theoretical resist should be if it is additive or multiplicated (take into account increased shield power which is 0.28% per 1 shield power I think)
7. Repeat with EPTS and TSS etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 353
03-23-2012, 08:34 AM
so has anybody heard anything on the shield cap consoles? i dont see a fix for it in the new patch,
Lt. Commander
# 354
03-24-2012, 09:18 AM
Been trying to determine the viable usefulness of GRAVITIC ANCHOR on the three piece Omega set.

Most of the posts I have found suggest its useless, but they are mostly older posts.

Is Gravitic Anchor working as intended?

Has it been fixed/improved in any recent patches?

If it is working as intended is it true that it is a fairly useless power?

I ran into the same attitude towards the (50% chance) turn rate buff for the Omega Shield where some people have mentioned what sounds like it is not working as intended.

Would appreciate any comments/input on the effectiveness/usefulness of the Omega Shield's ENERGY WAKE power?
Lt. Commander
# 355
03-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
so has anybody heard anything on the shield cap consoles? i dont see a fix for it in the new patch,
Geko said it's a bug, but apparently Fark later said it's intended. :/
Lt. Commander
# 356
03-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szioul View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
Geko said it's a bug, but apparently Fark later said it's intended. :/
It really would be nice to get an Official Post in this thread, a new "announcement" thread, or at least a "Known Issues" comment in a Release Notes confirming the status of this.

I have a couple ships on which I would like to have multiple consoles to increase my shield cap, but I'm afraid to spend resources to get them if the stack is a bug and unintended.

Please confirm Cryptic:

Are stacking Field Generators (those that buff maximum shield capacity)
now intended or will this be fixed and returned to the "original" unstackable state?

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 357
03-26-2012, 01:00 PM
The Shield Bonus consoles are intended to stack. All consoles are intended to stack - it's a uniform expected behavior. "Fixing" this console was unintentional (it came along with some other data cleanup we were doing with consoles, related to the new Mk XII purples), but the results meet with design expectations.

And so, we are tuning the values of the bonus that each console gives. I can't say with 100% certainty that the current values are "final" - either on Holodeck or internally.
Lt. Commander
# 358
03-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorticusCryptic
The Shield Bonus consoles are intended to stack. All consoles are intended to stack - it's a uniform expected behavior. "Fixing" this console was unintentional (it came along with some other data cleanup we were doing with consoles, related to the new Mk XII purples), but the results meet with design expectations.

And so, we are tuning the values of the bonus that each console gives. I can't say with 100% certainty that the current values are "final" - either on Holodeck or internally.
So multiples WILL stack their bonus. Gotcha.
Lt. Commander
# 359
03-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:

Oh boy, this is gonna lead to ridiculous tanking. I feel sorry for anybody that doesn't have a ton of sci consoles. I guess this means I gotta go get a ton for my od.....

To be perfectly honest, I've never been a huge fan of this console. I'd could sorta understand it when you could only have one but this change seems to just encourage folks to load up with them.
Lt. Commander
# 360
03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
Quote:

Thank you Borticus.

Edit:
Yeah, on further thought, so pre-stackability one Rare Mk XI console increased my shields by 35% (and a new Very Rare Mk XII by 40%, I've read). I imagine if people start piling multiples of these on their ships, the consoles will get nerfed. I'd really hate it if, in order to get 35% increase, I now have to load 2-3 consoles.

So please, leave one console alone. If you plan any nerfing, make it to the stackability - Make it a diminishing return (like how armor consoles work), but better, so one console still gives full 35% buff.

Thank you.