Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Jumped on my new KDF and tried to do some searching for boffs to quick train some characters (and possibly switch out my commons) and found 3. I was unable to search by KDF faction, which made things difficult (not being able to "load the next 400" didn't help this). I tried to search specifically tactical and also noticed that the pricing started differently based on this: regular search by price gave me a starting price of like 4k ec under rare, tactical search, same options gave me a starting price of 500 ec - also unable to find KDF specific boffs. Perhaps there are races I should search for? Might work for now, but I feel it would be pretty simple to parcel out Fed/KDF boffs the same way as the doffs are. Would make things much easier than having a list of names to type through. Am I missing something that makes this possible already (very likely - the whole of the KDF faction seems very very confusing to me - which is good, but I have a feeling I'll make a character that sucks and have to start over... which is for another thread altogether)?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Yes, searching for KDF Boffs is a PITA because it doesn't let you split out the Starfleet Boffs, which are way more numerous.

What I do? I search on specific KDF races...
Orion, Gorn, Lethean, Nausicaan.

This is not worth much when you want to look for Aliens or Klingons. And, yes, I find it funny that it's harder to find Klingon Boffs for the KDF than it is for Starfleet.

If they can split KDF and Starfleet Boffs, that would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 04:36 PM
The whole of the exchange UI could do with a makeover, it became very cluttered with the DOFF search options, and frankly it's not very elegant on a widescreen monitor that we have this obsession with scrolling downwards.

Separating Federation and Klingon Empire Only items is one thing, but it could do with more tabs horizontally as opposed to vertically.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
Well I'm glad it wasn't just me and something I missed. Like I said, is be satisfied if there was a "load the next 400"option. I suppose I will just have to work on my kdf race knowledge and spelling for now. It just makes things easier when you're in sector space, far away from the home base and want to quick change a skill out to buy them and train up. Thankfully they know the exchange needs a complete revamp. Unfortunately the timeline on that is soon tm. I almost feel like I should have posted this in the doff section, since the devs in charge of doff would at least see this and consider it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-22-2012, 05:29 AM
I hope they don't do to BOFFs what they did to DOFFs because the UI is cluttered enough as it is. Being able to either chose KDF or SF category bridge officers to search in would be enough.