Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Well, I spoke too soon, still happening... ARRRGGGHHHHH
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Dude if you're gonna want some help you're gonna have to give up something more to work with.

System brand (or custom built) and age:

Cpu:

Ram:

Operating System and any patches

Graphics card model and driver version:

Anti-virus:

Also if you can get it to load up enough to where the graphics are messing up try to take a screenshot so people can see exactly want it looks like as this could help.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2012, 01:07 AM
HP

CPU is 2 gigs

I bought the computer new in fall of 2008 the model number is a6647c

4 gigs ram

windows vista home premium

patches were the most recent

graphics, onboard nvidia

Norton 2012

The last time I played the game was back in 2011 I think I stopped playing around this same time. I had no issues with the game at that time.

I redownloaded the game on Friday night and played for the first time on Sunday night. I had no issues playing it all night. I came back to it on Monday and after about ten minutes, the game crashed on me. I redownloaded it again and was able to play for a few hours, I cam back to it after a couple hours on Tuesday, and it crashed as soon as I selected my level 41 character. Then, around 3 am my computer automatically updated/reset, and it did let me play again. I come back tonight and guess what, it now crashes on both Holodeck and Tribble servers.

The computer is not the problem. I am not able to run it on max detail with full lighting, etc... I fixed the graphics issue I was having( the update seems to have helped IDK). But the game runs fine on my computer with some level of detail with no slowing down.

The only thing I am having problems with is the crash at the loading screen
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-22-2012, 02:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottForster
HP

CPU is 2 gigs

I bought the computer new in fall of 2008 the model number is a6647c

4 gigs ram

windows vista home premium

patches were the most recent

graphics, onboard nvidia

Norton 2012

The last time I played the game was back in 2011 I think I stopped playing around this same time. I had no issues with the game at that time.

I redownloaded the game on Friday night and played for the first time on Sunday night. I had no issues playing it all night. I came back to it on Monday and after about ten minutes, the game crashed on me. I redownloaded it again and was able to play for a few hours, I cam back to it after a couple hours on Tuesday, and it crashed as soon as I selected my level 41 character. Then, around 3 am my computer automatically updated/reset, and it did let me play again. I come back tonight and guess what, it now crashes on both Holodeck and Tribble servers.

The computer is not the problem. I am not able to run it on max detail with full lighting, etc... I fixed the graphics issue I was having( the update seems to have helped IDK). But the game runs fine on my computer with some level of detail with no slowing down.

The only thing I am having problems with is the crash at the loading screen

The one thing pretty much every person on this planet will agree on is that Norton is the worse computer cancer ever invented.There's a reason why they give you Norton for free when you buy a computer and that's simply because it trash, people hate it, and there for it's cheap in bulk. Now let me explain why.

Norton is notorious for mis-detecting files as being a virus or being infected by a virus. It even misread my great grandmother's recipe that I had typed out for homemade pasta sauce once and auto deleted it on me. Even if you turn off the auto quarintine or auto delete infected file setting on Norton it tends to ignore that.

It sounds like what's happening is that you're downloading or re-downloading the game and then going right into playing it before Norton is getting the chance to misdetect and delete some file and it's simply not telling you that it's doing it after you stop playing so then when you go back to playing there's a file missing and it's causing the crash.

I would highly suggest completely deleting norton and then manually checking yourself to make sure it's completely deleted since Norton tends to not want to die at all costs and then trying a different anti-virus. I've personally had the most success with AVG anti-virus. They Have a paid subscription version or they do have a Free edition. The Free edition works REALLY well, can be pretty fully customized and provides great and very accurate detection and quarantine. http://free.avg.com/us-en/homepage the AVG internet security version also has a free edition to it and also helps speed up videos and gaming.

This may or may not be the problem, but it really sounds like this is what is happening, and since AVG is free it couldn't hurt to try it'll just take some of your time to do it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottForster
9 Views And No Responses, You Guys Are About As Helpful As A No Legged Man In An *** Kicking Contest...
This made me want to not help you...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
This made me want to not help you...
Thanks for wasting the time telling me that, thanks...

As to the Norton thing, I have had Norton since I bought the computer. It did not do this last year when I first played the game. It always tells me the .exe file is safe. I don't know. All I know is last year when I was able to play the game, is this did not happen...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-22-2012, 08:27 AM
Yes but that was last year, who cares about what it did or didn't do last year. When they switched the game from P2P to F2P there were huge portions of coding and files that were changed. Hell even them just doing a patch one day to the next could cause a terrible av like Norton to misread a patch as a virus so you can't go by something it did last year.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
If was a problem on MY end why would it affect only ONE character and not all of them though???
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-22-2012, 03:23 PM
because that level 41 character could be using a different set of files compared to your lower level characters or it could be a a bad file associated with something in your inventory or bank.