Lt. Commander
# 1 Severe Pixalation.
03-21-2012, 02:33 AM
I'm getting sevre pixalation of nearly every texture in the game everywhere I go. Sector space isn't as bad, and some of the ships are even crisp and clear like they should be. Everything else... Pixalated. random pixels on characters.. long dark lines across walls, and floors etc. The character selection screen also has the same problem.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 03:59 AM
Sounds like you have "Half Resolution" enabled:

Press Escape, Click "Options" -> "Video" Tab -> and find "Half resolution" and set it to off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharial
I'm getting sevre pixalation of nearly every texture in the game everywhere I go. Sector space isn't as bad, and some of the ships are even crisp and clear like they should be. Everything else... Pixalated. random pixels on characters.. long dark lines across walls, and floors etc. The character selection screen also has the same problem.
Assuming this is Tribble only (since you've posted in the Tribble forums), you can copy your preferences from Holodeck so that your graphics match between the two servers.

Go to your install path for the game, and open the Live folder, then the Localdata folder. In here you'll find gameprefs.pref. Copy this. Paste it into the \Playtest\Localdata folder.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Quote:
What video card are you running? I heard the latest ATI/AMD drivers are causing this on certain cards.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 10:46 AM
have you recently upgraded from CCC 12.1 to 12.2.

when i did it it causes extreme pixalation. apparently adjusting the anti aliasing in the control centre may help but the only solution is to roll back to 12.1,
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-22-2012, 10:38 PM
My settings between live and tribble are the same, i checked. No random half resolution. I am using an ATI card Radeon Hd 5800 series. and I'm sorry but the acronym CCC is unfamiliar to me. Lol I'm less informed than i probably should be I'm sure. I did notice I had the same issue when live went down last night and I tried to log into CO... there was a patch there before logging in.. and I did get a driver update reasonably recently.... so if they're not playing nice? Oh, and yes, lol it Is only Tribble, live is still clear and lovely.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
My settings between live and tribble are the same, i checked. No random half resolution. I am using an ATI card Radeon Hd 5800 series. and I'm sorry but the acronym CCC is unfamiliar to me. Lol I'm less informed than i probably should be I'm sure. I did notice I had the same issue when live went down last night and I tried to log into CO... there was a patch there before logging in.. and I did get a driver update reasonably recently.... so if they're not playing nice? Oh, and yes, lol it Is only Tribble, live is still clear and lovely.
CCC Is Catalyst Control Center. It's basically the thing that controls well... all the settings for the card on the computers end. you can over clock the card from there too.