Lt. Commander
# 41
03-11-2012, 01:35 PM
I've noticed the same.

One character has all MK XI space sets. I got tech drops all the time ~2-3 weeks ago.

My new character has gotten two rare borg shields, one common deflector, one common engine in 2 weeks and 60-70 STF runs. And those drops were early on.

I really wonder if drop rate got broken in the last patch or two.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Something wierd is going on - I have just got 2 x prototype deflector tech drops from 2 consecutive Elite Khitomer Accord runs.

Which, ironically, is a complete *&%^%& since I want the Mk 11 version to finish a set....
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
As I understand it, a prototype equipment drop happens in every stf, but is random on whose bag it went into.
That is just not right bud. I have been in so many Elite STFs where no one has even gotten a prototype salvage let alone a prototype tech. It is horrible.

Well time for new Walking Dead episode. Happy hunting people and good luck.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Bit of a noob question, but I assume all these drops are bind on pickup. Do they have any ec value? I'm planning on running the last featured series just to grind ec. I do think drops should be acct bound until equipped.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-22-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatka View Post
Something wierd is going on - I have just got 2 x prototype deflector tech drops from 2 consecutive Elite Khitomer Accord runs.

Which, ironically, is a complete *&%^%& since I want the Mk 11 version to finish a set....
Yes I can really understand this one. I think something in depth needs to be done not only the rate of drops for this gear however, something also needs to be addressed on the amount of the same drops you get per character. I also understand that most people are saying that it is just random but even those same people would tell you if they rand the same STF 100 times and out of those they got the same piece of the set six times they would be mad as hell being they could not finish the set off.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-22-2012, 02:29 PM
I've been getting even worse than bad drops. No drops at all ( at least for the optionals). The last 10 times an STF group successfully completed the STF including the optional, I havent recieved ANY of the optionals reward items. If the team went greed, so did I, need, the same. I dont want to go through the math to get the P-Value of that happening, but I will wage that it is pretty low. Is there a bug going on there?
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-23-2012, 07:49 AM
I think I am at about a month since my last proto-tech drop. IF I get tech its rare. And I know I've run over 300, because I just cashed in a few hundred EDC, and thats not counting the EDC I used to get all the full XI sets. I need the PSG drop for the Maco set. Thats all my requirements. The next set is just for vanity after that. I only use the MACO space and ground sets, have the space. But getting nothing for a month now is really getting to me.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
And here comes the truth of it all. The day the Cardi boxes are pulled from the game, I looted a prototype Deflector, Engines and four prototype salavage. I only ran six Elite STF's yesterday