Lt. Commander
# 1 Imagine if STO were a car...
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
Half the time we would not be able to start, and it would take 3 hours to update the ECU and even that would be no guarantee that it would work.

Each patch would negate the fix the previous patch tried to fix. One day the car would only be capable of driving at 35 mph for 2 hours then reboot and refuse to start...

The next, it would only be capable of going 100 miles per hour for 1 hour and would not stop because the brakes would not work...

Let's hear yours!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 12:08 PM
So.... STO is an electric car? O.o
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 12:17 PM
If STO were a car, inevitably somebody would complain that it was not a horse drawn cart because they once saw a horse drawn cart and thought it was the best form of transportation ever.

If STO were a car, inevitably somebody would complain there were not as many seats on the outside as on the inside because they believe there should be equal seating inside and out.

Those are the first two that come to mind...
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 12:23 PM
It'd be a '66 Beetle refit with Siege Mode available.

Something like this

Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
If STO were a car, inevitably somebody would complain that it was not a horse drawn cart because they once saw a horse drawn cart and thought it was the best form of transportation ever.

If STO were a car, inevitably somebody would complain there were not as many seats on the outside as on the inside because they believe there should be equal seating inside and out.

Those are the first two that come to mind...
That puts into perspective hos screwed up some trekkies are :p
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 12:35 PM
I tend to think of it like this:

STO is a car. All the players are it's occupants. The STO car holds 5 people, but we jam packed it with at least 7. 2 of them don't need seat belts anyway. DStahl drives the car down the road. All the while the 5 kids in the back seat all whine about how they need to go to the bathroom, and want chocolate bars. Mom, in the front seat (aka the Devs') is holding up a map and following a route to the intended destination. Suddenly one of the kids in the back starts crying because his ice cream cone fell on the floor. Mostly because Mom reclined her seat a bit and knocked it out of his hands. Suddenly all the kids start crying until DStahl pulls over and threatens to take them all home.

The End.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
This thread needs way more horsepower! It's torque and towing capacity is fine but it's zero to 60 is gimp!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2012, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
So.... STO is an electric car? O.o
Sounds more like a Toyota. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
If STO were a car,
The Department of Transportation would have to make Slipstream lanes on Highways.
I would drop the passengers off at the grocery store on Trade assignments.
I would use Ramming Speed in parking lots to get the best parking space.
If someone farts in the backseat, Abandon Ship.
I would have to complete a "hang out of the Risa Health Spa Daily".
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2012, 01:13 PM
If STO were a car, I'd say it's likely an Edsel or an AMC Gremlin.
Closed Thread