Lt. Commander
# 11
03-22-2012, 08:44 PM
Oh look, another music thread. Like we haven't seen these before...

I just shut the music off and fire up my soundtracks. I don't know about anyone else, but Mechwarrior 2/Ghost Bear's Legacy seems oddly fitting in this game...
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 08:54 PM
I would trade the Music for Real Exploration anytime

Also, can I ask everyone to please change their uniform to the standard issue DS9/Movie one, turn off armor and kit visuals, turn off ship visuals, wear an approved SF haircut ....

..... ahhh much better :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-22-2012, 11:48 PM
I link my winamp to Star Trek music list.

Have about 18 tracks including a few Klingon music. I don't listen to them often these days because though it is 18 different tracks too many are too similar to one another. It gets quite repititive after a while.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
I would trade the Music for Real Exploration anytime

Also, can I ask everyone to please change their uniform to the standard issue DS9/Movie one, turn off armor and kit visuals, turn off ship visuals, wear an approved SF haircut ....

..... ahhh much better :p
Like the token Romulan in Star Trek VI said, "I concur with my colleague."
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 01:49 PM
It's a shame because the music that's in the game is actually very good, very reminiscent of TOS - there's just so darned little of it. It seems like there's only about 4 actual compositions for gameplay.

I often stick on bluemars. Not very Trekkie, but quite spacey-ambient.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2012, 01:52 PM
So this game has a music player function right. And so if you fire up your itunes or whatever prior to logging in. And set up a playlist of all your favorite already owned Star Trek music, you can then use the music player in-game to get the game to play all those wonderful Trek songs!

/thread?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
So this game has a music player function right. And so if you fire up your itunes or whatever prior to logging in. And set up a playlist of all your favorite already owned Star Trek music, you can then use the music player in-game to get the game to play all those wonderful Trek songs!

/thread?
The problem with using playlists is that the music wont always match whats happening in the game.

Its a nice option to play your own trek music from time to time but it does not solve the underlying issue that there is so little music in game, and not a lot of official trek music.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
I have been asking for more trek music since the beginning of time.

After playing TOR on the free weekend it really brought up that fact that STO lacks iconic music.

MORE TREK MUSIC PLEASE!!!!
The first time I ran The Esseles and (Highlight for Spoiler) we rescued the ship, and it escapes to the music from "A New Hope" it actually gave me goosebumps. The music was so fitting, especially for that moment, and it made me feel like I was truly on the adventure!

I bought the Collector's Edition of SWTOR because it came with the soundtrack, and I can say for sure, I do not regret it in the least!

This is something STO severely lacks in. Music is a very important factor.

To date, I would list the best MMO music arrangements in the following order:

1. Age of Conan - For all the issues *** has, one thing is certain. It's soundtrack can not be beat!

2. Star Wars: The Old Republic - A beautiful mixture of familiar John Williams score and new imaginings of those familiar tunes.

3. World of ******** - This is one of my personal favorites, as the music is so fitting to the game world. Especially the music that was done for "Wrath of the Lich King".
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I agree that the addition of more iconic music would be awesome

The TOS arena music used in Colleseum is awesome - unfortunately we only get to hear it during that one mission. I'm fully in support of the addition of more music!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2012, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
The first time I ran The Esseles and (Highlight for Spoiler) we rescued the ship, and it escapes to the music from "A New Hope" it actually gave me goosebumps. The music was so fitting, especially for that moment, and it made me feel like I was truly on the adventure!
Music is related to our emotions and memories and i have never gotten goosebumps while playing STO.

They should have had the Enterprise reveal music when the Enterprise-F comes in in Boldly They Rode.

Like from this clip at about 1 minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXy_D...youtu.be&t=50s

or this at 2:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8pQm...eature=related

That is just one example of where they lack music.