Lt. Commander
# 1 Please add more Doff NPCS!
03-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Why is Ds9 getting a frengi trader and not Drozana station?

While its great that you are expanding function like this, please do not just do it part way and then stop. Please look at the opportunity you have to add these Doff NPCs to all of the various social zones.

Development missions on Risa

Science and engineering missions on memory alpha

Ect,

and its an opportunity to grant Klingon's access to some of those areas, or to add some small but fresh social areas for the Klingon side as well.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 11:05 AM
This is just a first step, an experiment of what can be done with the system. If it works well, we will definitely be investigating the possibility of expanding it into other areas.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I agree. Unique Doff missions with unique or bonus rewards would be an awesome impetus to revisit game locations that I havent been to in forever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
This would be great to visit Vulcan, Risa, Andoria, ect. for special DOFF missions. I love the doff system and I love Heretic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I agree. Unique Doff missions with unique or bonus rewards would be an awesome impetus to revisit game locations that I havent been to in forever.
This would be a great way to open a Fed/KDF colony in the Gamma Quadrant as a social zone.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
This is just a first step, an experiment of what can be done with the system. If it works well, we will definitely be investigating the possibility of expanding it into other areas.
I'd still love to see Doff mission results lead to in game full mission offerings on failures (where approprite) - IE if you sent them to assess Refugee conditions and they fail and get captured, and the player gets offered a real in game mission where he/she needs top go to the planet and save them.

Again, not asking it for every type of Doff assignment, or on every failure, but a few canned archtype missions (IE save crewmembers; recover items, etc.) that would be offered because of a Doff assignment result. The player would be freely able to decline and just accept the 'fail' result if he/she wasn't interested in doing such a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Any step that takes the game out of UI menus and places it more into the vibrant and engaging environments I know Cryptic CAN build is a good step imo.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
I'd still love to see Doff mission results lead to in game full mission offerings on failures (where approprite) - IE if you sent them to assess Refugee conditions and they fail and get captured, and the player gets offered a real in game mission where he/she needs top go to the planet and save them.

Again, not asking it for every type of Doff assignment, or on every failure, but a few canned archtype missions (IE save crewmembers; recover items, etc.) that would be offered because of a Doff assignment result. The player would be freely able to decline and just accept the 'fail' result if he/she wasn't interested in doing such a mission.
You know, I was thinking of something similar all day at work, and before I get home somebody beats me to it. *sigh*

What I was thinking of as one possibility was based on a trade deal ambush. Suppose there was a random chance on ambush that an item gets left behind. Having the item would open a research assignment that would start a "Track the Ambushers" chain. This would send you to various locations to talk to NPCs, do missions for them and collect items that your Doffs will research for clues to the ambushers whereabouts. Once you find the hideouts location, you head there to shut them down. Once you've defeated them, you'll get a final "Search for, collect and catalog contraband and stolen goods" assignment which determines how much you get to turn in to our brand new Contraband NPC.

I don't think it should just be limited to failure though, would be nice if some Critical successes could start off some Mission/Assignment integrated chains too. I was also thinking there could be some Doff NPCs that have such hybrid missions.

Of course there's always the caveat about feasibility, time and resources, but it would be nice if ship Captains and their Doffs could actually do a few things together as a crew.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-23-2012, 06:17 PM
I would love to see more DOFF NPCs, because it brings STO closer to classic MMORPGs with quest NPCs. And it gives people a reason to travel to various zones.

But of course the missions got to be worthwhile to travel to get those missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-23-2012, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
You know those beautiful maps from missions?

The ones with the artwork done? Why not make them social zones?

How about P'Jem, Vulcan, and Andoria adding these?
Forcas III, Rura Penthe, and the Ketha Lowlands?

It'd be a start and greatly improve the number of locations players can visit.