Lt. Commander
# 11 doff mission idea?
03-23-2012, 06:28 PM
I believe that the 1,000 extra dilithium refining capability every 2 days is not really a useful reward at all.

I remember mention of "advanced refinement stations" early on in the forums when talking about dilithium implementation. Maybe this is an opportunity for that? so that a success is 1250 and a crit success is 2000 and normal is 1000? that way the mission would be worth something

Im not usually a forum poster and I honestly dont want to sound whinny. I really LOVE the doff system and think dilithium has been a smart addition. However I have only once or twice ever reached the 8,000 dilithium a day cap and that was a spring break weekend with nothing to do all day. and it was no big deal because it just waited for me to refine the next day so thats why i believe it to not be useful as described earlier
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
As mentioned in the blog, this Mugato is the only version we will be making for the foreseeable future, subject to change of course -- there is no combat version for the C-Store planned. 800-Day Vets will be the only players with any form of Mugato.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Worthless pet is still worthless. It doesn't matter a bit how unique the item is, if it has no function in the game. Someone will see the pet, look at it for 5 seconds, then completely forget about it. This is hardly a reward for someone who has paid for the game for 800 days. It is a placebo, and isn't fooling anyone.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
Honestly 1000k dilithium extra refined every two days is a bit of a joke. it doesn't even really warrant the trip to SFA to get it. Now make it 8000k every three days and there you have something that's worth it assuming you have 8000k unrefined extra stored up.
Err not to nit-pick but 1k = 1,000
1000k = 1,000,000

Just a friendly FYI
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
As mentioned in the blog, this Mugato is the only version we will be making for the foreseeable future, subject to change of course -- there is no combat version for the C-Store planned. 800-Day Vets will be the only players with any form of Mugato.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Combat Mugatos will be a Lockbox item

Yeah overall I'd say this is the most disappointing Vet Reward ever, from any Cryptic game.

A non-combat pet that takes up a inventory slot (seriously, this can't just be made a captain power like all our accolade buffs and such? I don't need to carry around my 30 action figures in Champions in order to summon them).

Then once every two-Days we can refine 1,000 additional Dilithium?! Not even every 20h? It had to be 2 days?

Very disappointed. Would trade it all in for 300 C-Points or Boff Slots...
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by telesin
Worthless pet is still worthless. It doesn't matter a bit how unique the item is, if it has no function in the game. Someone will see the pet, look at it for 5 seconds, then completely forget about it. This is hardly a reward for someone who has paid for the game for 800 days. It is a placebo, and isn't fooling anyone.
While I do enjoy the games various Eye-candy, I have to agree with you, Maybe a free upgrade to a combat version for the Vets if a combat version ever comes out? While also leaving the pet version exclusive to Veterans
Lt. Commander
# 16 Stop The Invetory Clutter !
03-23-2012, 06:36 PM
Please, stop this cluttering, why can't pets become an ability?

Unless...and this is probable...Cryptic is almost forcing us to by more bank and invetory space, there is no reason why pets should not be converted into abilities, instead of invetory space.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoickes View Post
I believe that the 1,000 extra dilithium refining capability every 2 days is not really a useful reward at all.

I remember mention of "advanced refinement stations" early on in the forums when talking about dilithium implementation. Maybe this is an opportunity for that? so that a success is 1250 and a crit success is 2000 and normal is 1000? that way the mission would be worth something

Im not usually a forum poster and I honestly dont want to sound whinny. I really LOVE the doff system and think dilithium has been a smart addition. However I have only once or twice ever reached the 8,000 dilithium a day cap and that was a spring break weekend with nothing to do all day. and it was no big deal because it just waited for me to refine the next day so thats why i believe it to not be useful as described earlier
You are absolutely right... On average its been about 25k dilithium for 100 c points. Which is around a dollar... so take that 1k dilithium... So when you do the math what they are saying in relativity of dilithium vs c-points for your hard earned money that you either pay monthly or bought an LTS they are going to give you 5 cents extra worth of dilithium per day! These guys are so generous who would have ever thought they would give back some of those nickels from the nickel and diming but we know its a business so you had to keep the dimes ROFL.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Oh well, another useless inventory item, pointless title no-one reads, and a paltry amount of dil. You're so appreciative of us Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Details about the 800-Day Veteran Rewards are shared in this entry of the Season 5 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the news article.
Quote:
Adult Mugatos will grow horns on their heads and spines on their backs.
7' tall Mugato with horns, fangs, claws, spines and combat enabled please. Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morell View Post
7' tall Mugato with horns, fangs, claws, spines and combat enabled please. Thank you.
Assimilated Mugato has adapted.