Lt. Commander
# 21
03-23-2012, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
yay, more inventory clutter.

Seriously, can we get an alternative? Either summonable from the bank, at least, or just do away with the inventory item altogether?
Mugatos are canon. One was in TOS. Also non combat pets are a staple in mmorpgs . Why are you complaining? No one is going to force you to claim the pet.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Im with the concencess here, a combat pet would be better, the titles I dont really use, and the most dil I had to refine at once was like 3 or 4K when I had a bunch of Doffs come in.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Thanks for the goodies, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Thank you cryptic....

People seem to forget that you do NOT have to give anything to us for 800 days.

Geez I'll bet half these people smacked their momma if their Xmas presents where not what they wanted!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKRider
People seem to forget that you do NOT have to give anything to us for 800 days.
I don't think anyone's forgotten that fact. You are right, they don't have to give people anything for being steadfast loyal customers for years on end, while the game did poorly.

Neither do they have to pay for that same game, now that it is free to play, and they lose very little if anything for going Silver. When something ceases to be worth the investment, and is largely still available free.. it is an easy decision. Especially considering the worth of the 800 day "rewards".
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I think they could afford to give out a little more Dilithium than 1k every 2 days seriously! Please add more... maybe 1k for normal, 2k for success, and 3-4k for Critical success... that would make it a lot more worth it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-23-2012, 08:11 PM
Can we get a pet gallery or something on our ships? I have so many non-combat pets (ground and space)... it'd be nice to drop em in a petting zoo on my ship and clear bank inventory space.

Most other MMOs handle the collectable non-combat pets a bit smoother...
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2012, 08:19 PM
If you guys don't like the 800 day rewards, don't subscribe for 800 days. Cryptic can reward loyalty(and money) with crap all they want and there will always be people who will pay for it. You still have the same gaming experience that you had before PW gave Cryptic the "make money any way you can, especially by gouging the players" doctrine.

Nevermind that subscribing for 800 days since the start of F2P nets you over 10,000 C-points (enough to buy both of the Odyssey and Bortasqu packs with change left over). If you cry that you're already paying for them via subscription then don't. Go silver, buy the c-points instead. It's cheaper that way.

So far, we've lost:

A free Delta Flyer.
An immediate token for a retrofit ship at VA. (Zomg we have to spend a few days grinding dilithium for it and still not pay any real cash? OHNOES)

Have I missed anything?

Oh by the way, some F2P MMOs actually monetize by selling playable content while leaving only the barest bones for non paying players. Imagine featured episodes costing money. Or the doff system only being accessible for C-Points. I'll take lock box lotteries any day of the week.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the Dev Blog Brandon. Here are my thoughts/comments:
Vigilant Title
I like and "collect" titles, so having another is always nifty. I thought it rather hilarious the idea that you found it necessary to give us a step-by-step instruction-set on how to change our title. If a player has been around 800 days and hasn't figure out how to change their own title by now (or at least how to find out/who to ask), then maybe they just don't deserve it. lol

I mean it's not like titles are a new feature. :p
FREE Mugato Companion
I want to like this, I really do, but I'm running out of space. Please consider using a system like Champions Online where their Action Figure "pets" do not take up character inventory, but are activated directly through a menu-driven UI. It basically turns the pet into an emote, instead of a cell-filling item. (Also take from CO, having multi-tab personal banks, and shared account banks would be great, too!)

From the blog pic it sure looks cute, though.
Unique Duty Officer Assignment
Being a big-time DOffer, I was really looking forward to this, but you're only letting me process an extra 1,000 Dilithium? That's underwhelming. How long is the Cooldown on the mission, or am I going to be able to restart it every two days? Speaking of the two days, is it going lock up one of my Assignment Slots for two days? I'm with CptBANG, could we please have a single 10-min lengthed mission (or even 1 or 2 hours) with a 2-3 day long cooldown?

Failing that, can this please be like a Sick Bay and not count towards our assignment limit? That would be keen.
Anyway, I really am not trying to "complain" about "gifts of appreciation", just providing some feedback, so maybe when I hit 800 days (in about 45 days), I can better enjoy them.

P.S. What I'd love to have most for my 800 day?
I'd like the Female Tactical Android BOff you guys gifted me
for my 700 Day Vet Reward.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
I'm not interested in a Mugato. I'd rather have a sumonable non combat version of my First Officer than a Mugato, cryptic. THAT would be cool, people.