Lt. Commander
# 11
03-23-2012, 02:38 PM
Here is what I DO NOT LIKE About the new System:

1) Too much running around, its a waste of time for casual players.

2) Interior Missions change per zone, which means more wasted time finding the missions you want.

3) You lose Interior Missions when you leave the ship. So if you can't go buy resources to complete those missions and when you leave you don't know what to buy to complete those missions.

So the Interior Missions need to leave when you zone out or Heretic needs to add Bank and Exchange consoles on the ships.

4) Switching between the DOFF UI Window and the Dialogue windows are annoying.

5) Chefs and Bartenders do not add to the menus as we were told it would.

6) Chains do not show on the listing and you have to click on missions to see which chain you are now on. And like said above, if you don't have the proper resources, you have to remember what they are to buy them.

All in all, I really don't like this new change. Just too much running around, when the old system was more convienent to get missions FAST, so you can move on to other things like PvP or STFS.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Agreed 100% if we have to visit the interior of our ships every single sector then I'm done with sto again lol. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, but it's not for me I'm afraid. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-23-2012, 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
Agreed 100% if we have to visit the interior of our ships every single sector then I'm done with sto again lol. I'm sure some people will enjoy it, but it's not for me I'm afraid. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.
You dont have to visit your ship every sector, the reset timer is 20 hours, so once a day is fine. You dont even have to go to your ship ever if you dont want to. Think of this as a bonus mission zone.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-23-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieboysw View Post
You dont have to visit your ship every sector, the reset timer is 20 hours, so once a day is fine. You dont even have to go to your ship ever if you dont want to. Think of this as a bonus mission zone.
Afraid for Sector Specific Missions you do. That's why people hate it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-23-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
no one knows when this mysterious "reset" happens... perosnal? serverwide? Its kind of scary that no one seems to have any idea how the reset works or when.

and if I have a slew of mission complete thenI have to visit more than once a day. Once a day only works if you simply log in, complete assignments and then load up and log.

My real issue is that it takes soooooooo long to find the stuff I want/need now that I have more often than committed officers to other assignments by the time I get down to say the science officer and scan thru that list.

Too many missions in too many places.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-23-2012, 06:34 PM
I was sort of getting more into the doff system than I had been and when this chain thing came out and most of which these missions require you to buy that gamma pack and pretty much to maximize your amount of doffs I just can't fathom getting into that especially when you have multiple characters because its not like I have 100's of dollars to fill a field of 10+ characters with this system to get involved with it. Just another gimmick that doesn't have much of anything to do once you get to the end of the line.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-23-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenchuan View Post
There is lots of confusion...

Mainly what stupid officer hands out which missions.... its very unintutive... do ypu talk to the Envoy or Ops... Sci or Engineering. I never memorized what misisons were in which catagory. Like if you want an explore... Who would you go to?
If only someone make a map. Oh wait.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=262683

Personally, I found it to be fairly logical. But I can understand some people's confusion on who does what. So, check out the link above.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-23-2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
WRONG

Every sector has its own shipboard mission list. EVERY SINGLE SECTOR. Even if those sector-specific ship lists reset only once a day (which has not been verified at all), you still have to wander your ship >40x to check every shipboard. (ok, i'm not sure ESD, SFA, VulcanG, AndoriaG, DS9g, or Deferi G have separate shipboard sections even...)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant797 View Post
If only someone make a map. Oh wait.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=262683

Personally, I found it to be fairly logical. But I can understand some people's confusion on who does what. So, check out the link above.
Doesn't help if you want to know who you talk to about colonial chain missions (its Ops btw).

Or asylums (Its tactical of all things, which makes no sense)

Or any of hte dozens of other assignments that now have ship-instances.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrelloid View Post
Doesn't help if you want to know who you talk to about colonial chain missions (its Ops btw).

Or asylums (Its tactical of all things, which makes no sense)

Or any of hte dozens of other assignments that now have ship-instances.
Did you click on the map, where the key clearly says "Colonial: Operations Officer"?
(I edited the post for clarity that the key is on the map)

As for what missions are what specialty (e.g asylums being tactical), that's a whole different discussion.