Lt. Commander
# 1 My Vor'cha...I need help!!
03-19-2012, 08:02 AM
I am currently using the Vor'ca retrofit battlecruiser. I am trying to get some input on how to make it stronger in battle. When playing in STF's, I see guys even in the Elite STF's, who seem to nearly take no hull damage. My ship can get killed pretty fast no matter what I do. I currently have the Jem'Hadar set and I am wondering if there is anyone whol could give me some tips on what I can do to improve on this!

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 06:54 PM
First.

What Captain type are you? Eng, Tac or Sci?
What do you want the ship to do? Tank or DPS?
What do you know about STF's? Do you know about the invisible instant kill torpedo Cubes fire? Do you know to fly above them to stay out of this Arc?
And can you please post your Ship?

Help us Help you.

Quick guide to BOFF powers from a tank point of view

Eng Commander
ET1 > EPtS2 > RSP2 > AB3
Eng Lt.Comm
EPtA1 > EPtS2 > RSP2
Sci Lt
PH1 > HE2
Tac Lt
TT1 > CSV1
Tac Ens
TS1

As always this is what I would do, not what everyone would do, this information is based on knowing absolutely nothing about your ship or Captain.

Go to http://www.stowiki.org/Bridge_officer_ability to work out what the codes mean.

Edit: Whoops had too many EPtS in there, swapped the Rank 1 to an EPtA. And yeah I realise that above setup is not the most awesome thing in the world and there is much debate over rank on EPtS (I only ever use Rank 1).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-23-2012, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasx68
I am currently using the Vor'ca retrofit battlecruiser. I am trying to get some input on how to make it stronger in battle. When playing in STF's, I see guys even in the Elite STF's, who seem to nearly take no hull damage. My ship can get killed pretty fast no matter what I do. I currently have the Jem'Hadar set and I am wondering if there is anyone whol could give me some tips on what I can do to improve on this!

Thanks!

I just started using the Vor'ca retrofit and love it, I am running the following BOFF powers

ENG CMD EPTW1 > ET2 > EPTS3 > EWP3
ENG LTC EPTW1 > RSP1 > EPTS3
SCI LT PH1 > HM2
TAC LT TT1 > THY2
TAC ENS BFAW1

Running STF's mainly but dabbed in pvp a bit running,

Polarom beam MK XII x 4
Tetryon beam MK XII x 3
Quantom Torp MK XII x 1

All STF weapons, for pvp was thinking of swaping out the quantom torp and one rear beam for 2x chroniton torps one forward one rear and my THY2 for TS2 to use in conjunction with EWP3, just to keep people from moving around so freely
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2012, 12:07 PM
One problem is you don't use multiple beam types. The Rainbow Oddy's is a prime example of this one truth. You need to specialize in a certain beam type.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
One problem is you don't use multiple beam types. The Rainbow Oddy's is a prime example of this one truth. You need to specialize in a certain beam type.
Why is that ? other then from a pure DPS stand point and stacking all +damage modules for a single beam type. This set up lets me drain shields faster and drain the ships power at the same time, and with BFAW I could be doing this to several targets. The only weapon I would and have stacked is phasers for their secondary ( very annoying ) Done this on my Fed assult cruiser and drednaught to bad science officers suck. Anyways if there is more to this then just dps I would appreciate some one taking the time to explaine it or a link to a post that has.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackdaRipper
Why is that ? other then from a pure DPS stand point and stacking all +damage modules for a single beam type. This set up lets me drain shields faster and drain the ships power at the same time, and with BFAW I could be doing this to several targets. The only weapon I would and have stacked is phasers for their secondary ( very annoying ) Done this on my Fed assult cruiser and drednaught to bad science officers suck. Anyways if there is more to this then just dps I would appreciate some one taking the time to explaine it or a link to a post that has.
Pure DPS can take down a shield just as fast as the build you have right now, if not faster.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Mixing Polarons and Tetryons is especially bad.

There are Phased Polarons Beam Arrays which have both procs and benefit from the Polaron Weapons Console.

And I would argue, pure Tetryon will strip a shield faster than a mix of both.

Excluding Phased Polaron.

18 x 3 = 54
26 x 2 = 52
26 x 3 = 76

Note this is not raw damage this is a bonus to the energy weapon skills.
The Maths are against rainbows.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-24-2012, 04:36 AM
"science officers suck"
Man, what?