Lt. Commander
It was strange watching this again. I still remember seeing it the first time, hard to believe it's been twenty six years: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...185802006.html
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-23-2012, 11:48 PM
My mom had always let me stay home from school to watch all the shuttle launches and landings live on TV, and even after all these years it seems like it just happened yesterday. I still can't get myself to watch it again or even listen to anything even remotely like the launch procedures. The two things in my life I'll never forget are 9/11 and hearing Flight Control tell Challenger "You are go for throttle up"

The Golden age of space exploration really is dead and will be for a long time to come so I really don't think anyone that wasn't around for the moon landing or in my case the Challenger explosion came really appreciate how devastating and/or long lasting those events were.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 05:52 AM
I saw Atlantis take off for the last time. The space program was absolutely an amazing feat. It is tragic that we lost so many brave souls who dared to walk among the stars. I was in Galveston when Columbia broke up in the atmosphere. I was too young for Challenger. Nevertheless, one day we'll see manned flight to the stars again!