Lt. Commander
# 1301
03-22-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_DemonKnight
Well I like it, so I guess conversations is over.

There is nothing you can say to convince me this game is crap.

There is nothing I can say to convince you the game is awesome.

Enjoy star wars.
Hey ya wanna kill some borg... I be down with it!!!!!!!!

We can show em how Un-futile resistance is while he goes and hits a dude with a sabre thingy
Lt. Commander
# 1302
03-22-2012, 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
how is what any of what you said any different from sto?????? its not!!!!!!!!
With which you refer to Armsman's

Quote:
doesn't have massive amounts of endgame content - just a broken PvP system they are working to fix with some player input [...] and the usual 4 instance grind to gear up for the newer end game instances they are releasing. If WoW type grind raiding is your thing - that's [the game's] endgame model.
Well, I must say that open PvP in Ker'rat is quite enjoyable in STO, and I have recently found CaH to be tolerable. Sure, PvP could use improvement, but they have working space combat that is fun - a real 3D environment, not the Arcade shooter thing (fly along a predefined path to shoot stuff tht crosses your way) of that other game.
Lt. Commander
# 1303
03-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
With which you refer to Armsman's

Well, I must say that open PvP in Ker'rat is quite enjoyable in STO, and I have recently found CaH to be tolerable. Sure, PvP could use improvement, but they have working space combat that is fun - a real 3D environment, not the Arcade shooter thing (fly along a predefined path to shoot stuff tht crosses your way) of that other game.
How many Star Trek episodes are strictly space battles? I'm not talking about on another ship using interiors. So basically Cryptic didn't really hit the essence of Trek at all.
Lt. Commander
# 1304
03-23-2012, 10:59 AM
That wasn't the question. :p
Lt. Commander
# 1305
03-23-2012, 03:05 PM
I came on today to read responces on a conversation that I thought evolved around differnt things from game to game, but it appears to me that this is turning into a hate on the job cryptic did with STO.

If you go on the KOTOR forums you will see players complaining about the work Biowere did on KOTOR

If you go on ANY games forums you will find haters, naysayers, doomers......All with a common theme, we dont like this, and we dont like that......Oh they screwed this up too

Then you find the gamers, who like to play, and think there is NO perfect game..... They try to defend, work around, find a way to be happy ( this latter group is fading away ) not to mention the stero type Fanboys..... I have worn that title as well.

I say this, No one is totally happy with a game, they all have problems, but in the end, you have fun dealing with it, you decide if its for you, and you go on ...or you quit.

Letting people know how you feel is fantastic....turning threads like this into a battlefeild just dont make no sence to me. My rant on it, and my last post on this thread. / bow Peace , Luv you all
Lt. Commander
# 1306
03-23-2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton View Post
I came on today to read responces on a conversation that I thought evolved around differnt things from game to game, but it appears to me that this is turning into a hate on the job cryptic did with STO.

If you go on the KOTOR forums you will see players complaining about the work Biowere did on KOTOR

If you go on ANY games forums you will find haters, naysayers, doomers......All with a common theme, we dont like this, and we dont like that......Oh they screwed this up too

Then you find the gamers, who like to play, and think there is NO perfect game..... They try to defend, work around, find a way to be happy ( this latter group is fading away ) not to mention the stero type Fanboys..... I have worn that title as well.

I say this, No one is totally happy with a game, they all have problems, but in the end, you have fun dealing with it, you decide if its for you, and you go on ...or you quit.

Letting people know how you feel is fantastic....turning threads like this into a battlefeild just dont make no sence to me. My rant on it, and my last post on this thread. / bow Peace , Luv you all
name me one MMO forums that dont have them type of ppl can you?
and ask for this thread should not even be on here it has not a thing to do whit star trek online
Lt. Commander
# 1307
03-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
How many Star Trek episodes are strictly space battles? I'm not talking about on another ship using interiors. So basically Cryptic didn't really hit the essence of Trek at all.
That's unfair. Star trek is all about peace, patience, tolerance, diplomacy, understanding, etc. These are great concepts, but they don't translate to the commercial realities of an MMO. Why do you think they set the game in a war ravaged future? IMHO, with the exception of one mission (in which the player is forced to run around slaughtering innocent Romulan scientists) that was clearly written by someone who holds Star Trek in utter contempt, Cryptic has done about as well as can be expected in staying true to the spirit of the franchise.

There are, BTW, some foundry missions that explore these more traditional themes quite nicely.

Now, in answer to your question I can think of 2 "space battle" episodes of star trek off the top of my head. "The Doomsday Machine" and "The Wrath of Khan". I'll wager there have been others, especially during the Dominion War.
Lt. Commander
# 1308
03-24-2012, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tosmonkey
That's unfair. Star trek is all about peace, patience, tolerance, diplomacy, understanding, etc. These are great concepts, but they don't translate to the commercial realities of an MMO. Why do you think they set the game in a war ravaged future? IMHO, with the exception of one mission (in which the player is forced to run around slaughtering innocent Romulan scientists) that was clearly written by someone who holds Star Trek in utter contempt, Cryptic has done about as well as can be expected in staying true to the spirit of the franchise.

There are, BTW, some foundry missions that explore these more traditional themes quite nicely.

Now, in answer to your question I can think of 2 "space battle" episodes of star trek off the top of my head. "The Doomsday Machine" and "The Wrath of Khan". I'll wager there have been others, especially during the Dominion War.
Even the battles themselves are not like this game. So it's okay to blast one company for not "capturing the space combat" but not the other? Flying in circles... enemies changing courses (in space) just to match the USS Enterprise course direction instantly to stay on your side so torpedoes are a waste... having to be within 6 km to scan something yet in Trek they talk about scanning things hundreds of km away... etc

If you do it one way with the space shortcomings then it can go both ways.

As for the two. Nope. Most of DM was on board the ship with Decker taking control and his need for vengeance against it. Basically it was a rehash of Moby ****. Wrath was not as well. Or did I imagine the majority of the film not being space battle.
Lt. Commander
# 1309
03-24-2012, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Even the battles themselves are not like this game. [...]
They are a lot faster in STO than in TV ST, and strange Boff and Captain powers have a little bit too much influence, but apart from that, they capture the apparent mechanics of TV ST quite well, IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 1310
03-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddam
name me one MMO forums that dont have them type of ppl can you?
and ask for this thread should not even be on here it has not a thing to do whit star trek online