Lt. Commander
# 11
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Earth space dock is wrong any how. I don't know if at some point it was replaced or what.
The one in the next generation and the one in the wrath of khan the meeting room has a large window that over looks the ships entrance and exit bay.
There is also a large hall that is used by star fleet for trials.
I mean the Earth space dock has a good number of movies covering it.

Earth space dock shown in a good number of scenes.
Star Trek III The search for spock. "Enterprise returns to the station."
Star Trek II The wrath of Kahn "Shows the bridge simulator."
Star Trek III The search for spock "Show Star Fleet communications office as well as the united federation of planets office on the dock."
I mean there is a good portion of information about this great station.

Even on it's questionable fire power given the designer of the station said at a star trek convention that the earth space dock is supposed to be able to defend it self and the ships docked there on it's own.
Makes me wonder just how much fire power that station is packing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignii
Earth space dock is wrong any how. I don't know if at some point it was replaced or what.
The one in the next generation and the one in the wrath of khan the meeting room has a large window that over looks the ships entrance and exit bay.
There is also a large hall that is used by star fleet for trials.
I mean the Earth space dock has a good number of movies covering it.

Quote:
Earth space dock shown in a good number of scenes.
Star Trek III The search for spock. "Enterprise returns to the station."
ESD does have one, it's in the upper level of the ship yard. While it's not in the exact same location that the one from STIII was in (as well as the TNG since it was the exact same scene with the D laid over the original 1701 in the shot), it's been a hundred some years....there were bound to be changes.

Quote:
Star Trek II The wrath of Kahn "Shows the bridge simulator."
I don't recall that ever stating it was on a space station. It would make more sense for it to be at the Academy. In fact, if I recall Kirk had a conversation with Spock right after that scene where Spock said he was on his way back to the Enterprise. I always took it as meaning they were planet side for the test.

Quote:
Star Trek III The search for spock "Show Star Fleet communications office as well as the united federation of planets office on the dock."
We see the space dock control room, where they keep track of all the ships and tell them what lane and berth to take. The argument could be made that the StarFleet communications hub is on earth, since thats what the room in STIV seemed to be.
Quote:
I mean there is a good portion of information about this great station.

Even on it's questionable fire power given the designer of the station said at a star trek convention that the earth space dock is supposed to be able to defend it self and the ships docked there on it's own.
Makes me wonder just how much fire power that station is packing.
I'd like to see a fleet action or something that actually had one of these things laying down death to an invading fleet.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-24-2012, 08:22 AM
Yes the ESD was replaced with the one we have now. When STO launched ESD was looking kompletely different. Inside and outside!

Maybe the lower levels of ESD are a placeholder for a future expansion of ESD? The devs could add new doors and rooms there without having to change the layout of the whole station again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake
I'd like to see a fleet action or something that actually had one of these things laying down death to an invading fleet.
That would be nice! Maybe some kind of Red Alert type of mission where the Borg or who ever attacks disable the weapons in their first strike and need some time for the repairs. So if you complete some objectives the weapons come back online and finish off some tac cubes or a Unimatrix.