Lt. Commander
# 21
03-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Sadness ... My Klingon doesn't seem able to complete ... Gets the dilithium, however, which I guess is what REALLY matters.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Indeed, although i will admit that the mining minigame itself is rather complicated compared to what appears to be its predecessor, waveform matching. While waveform matching completed the minigame instantly, removing the chance of you accidentally moving out of the matched waveform, i find the mining markers to be a bit tricky to stick to if you try to rush it, and impossible to match if you don't rush it. That being said, i think the best solution would be to 'glue' the triangle to the markers once you've got a match, allowing for faster, safer matching.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Indeed, although i will admit that the mining minigame itself is rather complicated compared to what appears to be its predecessor, waveform matching. While waveform matching completed the minigame instantly, removing the chance of you accidentally moving out of the matched waveform, i find the mining markers to be a bit tricky to stick to if you try to rush it, and impossible to match if you don't rush it. That being said, i think the best solution would be to 'glue' the triangle to the markers once you've got a match, allowing for faster, safer matching.

Edit: What the heck just happened? Why do i have a clone post?

Edit edit: You can even see they're posted within the same minute, so it's not (intentional, anyway) spam or trolling
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-24-2012, 04:32 AM
I tried it and it seems like a complete waste of time.

The system is tedious and the dilithium results are horrible. Not to mention that theres these things called satellites that mine dilithium in star trek (in the past). I fail to see any reason they would start doing it slowly by hand in the future.

The topic of this post should probably be: "New Mining Event - Why To??"

Sorry, but it is how I and many of the people I talked to while there felt.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-24-2012, 05:12 AM
..then how do we get Cryptic to change it? Complain horribly? Does that even work?
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-24-2012, 06:40 AM
realuniqueone - I can understand your argument but you have to remember this is not a starfleet operation. A ferengi owns the rocks and she may not have the latinum for satellites and as we all know the ferengi are really into NOT parting with there latinum so manpower mining may be cheaper than satellites and as she gets a cut of what you mine then as long as shes happy with her cut why spend money on mining satellites
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-24-2012, 07:16 AM
3/5 and cant mine. gg.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Good guide. I know this seems obvious, but it took me a few seconds before I realized that the laser guide moved up and down as well as left or right. Might want to make mention of that in your guide.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
Good guide. I know this seems obvious, but it took me a few seconds before I realized that the laser guide moved up and down as well as left or right. Might want to make mention of that in your guide.
Isn't that obvious in the minigame HUD?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Angelus214, I found your info helpful on my first Asteroid Mining adventure. Thank you for taking the time to post the primer.

For those wanting an idea of the mission's payoff, here was my mini-game scoring:

Score .... Reward
165 ......... 40 Dil Ore.
460 ......... 60 Dil Ore.
555 ......... 80 Dil Ore and 2x Chronometric Wave Signatures.
555 ......... 80 Dil Ore and 2x Chronometric Wave Signatures.
400 ......... 60 Dil Ore.

Total Dilithium Ore won: 320 in about 10mins.

(There were some XP and BO points too, but being VA, I didn't pay it much heed.)

Now that I know what I'm doing, I would be able to do this faster, and likely score higher too. I agree with others that there are other methods of scoring more Dil, but when I compare this to the 480 I get for one of the little "10-15min Eta Eridani Dailies" it seems pretty spot on.

The map looks great, and the "moon walking" (less this, more this) is a hoot. The mission is not for all, but different people might like this sort of game play. I say more power to them, and good on ya Cryptic for offering a new type of mission that isn't about shooting things or clicking 5 of 5 items (Yeah, ok, there are 5/5 in this, but the mini-game adds some "arcade action" value to this).

Thanks for the free Orange EV Suit. It's too bad I'm running out of storage...

Overall Score: B