Lt. Commander
# 31
03-22-2012, 05:07 AM
Having done this on a couple characters now I agree. Yielding 600-700 points on a node yields a return of about 80 Dilithium. That is not a lot of Dilithium per point (like a tenth of a single crystal per point I think, i just woke up math is probably wrong) and really should be increased.

It's not too much to ask for a single point to represent a single Dilithium ore. There also needs to be better explanation before hand about how the mini game works, and a way to practice. It's also not stated that you can use the arrow keys to direct the mining laser, you can. Additionally you might want to add the ability to click directly on the mining reticule and control with the mouse (Not everybody is good with using arrow keys, and clicking the buttons is very sluggish)

Other suggestions: The sensitivity of the mining laser seems to be very high, I'd give a slightly larger margin of error in lining up the laser.

Sometimes the mini-game jumps to the next segment too quickly (as in under 2 seconds). You should either increase the minimal amount of time that a single segment can persist, or make it so that once the laser is lined up, a segment persists for X amount of seconds. Nothing is in this mission so far is more frustrating than quickly lining up the laser only to have it jump.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-22-2012, 04:44 PM
New mini-game definitely kept me on my toes, although I was somewhat disappointed with the low returns. I'd have preferred making 1 point = 1 dilithium if this is to attract players.

I also feel that apart from aesthetics, there is little incentive for me to save up for EVA suits. Definitely want to see some stat /functionality upgrades between suit levels, maybe even Enterprise / First Contact / Voyager suits as C-store variants.

On the other hand, really liked the pace of moonwalking
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-22-2012, 06:13 PM
OMG I LOVE IT. I love the new movement and the map and the ship and the EV suits, but getting dilithium is a nice touch, too, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-24-2012, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Having done this on a couple characters now I agree. Yielding 600-700 points on a node yields a return of about 80 Dilithium. That is not a lot of Dilithium per point (like a tenth of a single crystal per point I think, i just woke up math is probably wrong) and really should be increased.

It's not too much to ask for a single point to represent a single Dilithium ore. There also needs to be better explanation before hand about how the mini game works, and a way to practice. It's also not stated that you can use the arrow keys to direct the mining laser, you can. Additionally you might want to add the ability to click directly on the mining reticule and control with the mouse (Not everybody is good with using arrow keys, and clicking the buttons is very sluggish)

Other suggestions: The sensitivity of the mining laser seems to be very high, I'd give a slightly larger margin of error in lining up the laser.

Sometimes the mini-game jumps to the next segment too quickly (as in under 2 seconds). You should either increase the minimal amount of time that a single segment can persist, or make it so that once the laser is lined up, a segment persists for X amount of seconds. Nothing is in this mission so far is more frustrating than quickly lining up the laser only to have it jump.
You're completely right on this. The amount of return for the effort put out is horrible. And the time between jumps is way too erratic. But then again, the dev's most likely won't listen to any of the feedback and leave everything screwed up for a year or two, then make a token change or something and call it good.