Lt. Commander
# 171
03-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
The way windows are applied in this game are kind of like decals applied to a surface. They don't give an accurate representation of deck height.
When I did the MSD for my Star Cruiser (click my sig) I noticed that the windows there were TERRIBLE. However, the Odyssey looks like it actually has some decent, level windows. I'd say we can get a reasonable (not exact) estimate from the windows.
Lt. Commander
# 172
03-24-2012, 07:11 PM
All this debate on the Sovereign's deck numbers can be answered very simply.

Obviously someone in the writting staff didnt do their research and it was overlooked during production. its a common mistake in movies.

Hell, even the shows had wordrobe malfunctions that the actors just rolled with. Doesnt mean it has to have an inuniverse explaination... it was just a production error that noone bothered to see but the diehard fans after the fact. like Sisko's dress uniform rank insignia, some admirals ranks, bla, bla, bla. You would think Mr. Brooks would have looked in a mirror and said.. "Hey, my uniform has me as a Commander, but im a Captain now. get me the right pips!" Noone really bothers with these small details during a hectic production. they try to stay organised and keep things the way they are supposed to be, but these things are easily overlooked.

They filmed the falling Reman becasue it looked cool. thats it. noone thought at the time that they have to explain in minute detail where and how far he fell. they just did it and noone i nthe production staff bothered with these details becasue its just a movie.

Everyone is trying to put an inuniverse explaination for this writting error and and production attempt to make something look cool. Doesnt have to be explained inuniverse. Its all conjecture becasue it never really happened. Its all fan attempts to make an oversight make sense.

To say that the Enterprise-E had to be refit to make the deck discrepency make sense is like saying Sisko had to be temporaily demoted back to Commander for the one scene where he wore 3 pips instead of 4 and then promoted back to Captain the next day.
Lt. Commander
# 173
03-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Donaldson
All this debate on the Sovereign's deck numbers can be answered very simply.

Obviously someone in the writing staff didn't do their research and it was overlooked during production. its a common mistake in movies.

Hell, even the shows had wardrobe malfunctions that the actors just rolled with. Doesn't mean it has to have an in-universe explaination... it was just a production error that no one bothered to see but the diehard fans after the fact. like Sisko's dress uniform rank insignia, some admirals ranks, bla, bla, bla. You would think Mr. Brooks would have looked in a mirror and said.. "Hey, my uniform has me as a Commander, but im a Captain now. get me the right pips!" No one really bothers with these small details during a hectic production. they try to stay organized and keep things the way they are supposed to be, but these things are easily overlooked.

They filmed the falling Reman because it looked cool. thats it. no one thought at the time that they have to explain in minute detail where and how far he fell. they just did it and no one i nthe production staff bothered with these details because its just a movie.

Everyone is trying to put an in-universe explanation for this writing error and and production attempt to make something look cool. Doesn't have to be explained in-universe. Its all conjecture because it never really happened. Its all fan attempts to make an oversight make sense.

To say that the Enterprise-E had to be refit to make the deck discrepancy make sense is like saying Sisko had to be temporally demoted back to Commander for the one scene where he wore 3 pips instead of 4 and then promoted back to Captain the next day.
I always just figured that one of his pips fell off either on the way to the function or during, and he just didn't have a spare with him.

It might even be that one actually fell off during production and nobody noticed.

(those dang clips on the back of pin-point medals and such, were always falling off my uniform insignia, I always carried a few spares in my pocket.)

Sometimes the simplest answer is the best.