Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
In PvP, obviously, plasma is crap. So I'm not going to go there.

In PvE....is it really so bad? I've been trying it out. The damage seems decent, although the High-Yield seems to suffer from the same problem as Tricobalt of randomly failing to connect or bouncing off a silver of shields. The proc seems pretty good though, it can be stacked up with projectile officers.

Due to the lack of good analytical tools it's hard to tell how it compares against quantum in straight DPS. But it certainly seems competitive in PvE, other than those issues.

Yet everyone says plasma sucks in PvE.

I don't know. Could I get some input? Is it viable?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-24-2012, 04:11 PM
At the end of the day I prefer Quantums for the added kick.

But leveling up I used Plasma's a lot and they are a good Torpedo, just well over shadowed by the others.

Also Torpedoes can miss, it's just more noticeable when it's that big High Yield you where waiting on.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-24-2012, 04:29 PM
Yes, not necessarily my first choice with HYT on my Torpedo boat... but with Torpedo Spread, you poop out a LOT of those things at one time, which seems to increase the chance of a Proc.

Quantums are great when you have the money for them, but they seem really inefficient for leveling up & not necessarily the end-all for PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-25-2012, 05:03 AM
At lower levels, the damage over time is more significant, so they're viable there. But at endgame, a quantum high yield hits harder, reaches the target sooner, and is non-destructible, and a sliver of shields is taken out by the first torp leaving the others a parth to bare hull. Either the damage over time or highyield on plasma torpedos needs a buff to be honest.