Lt. Commander
# 11
02-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
since you'd ninja'd your own while I was typing my response.
lol that was funny, I loled.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by leptoon View Post
lol that was funny, I loled.
FYI and to keep from having to go back and edit my post AGAIN, mods can't ban accounts. They can edit out posts, but not ban people.

Although, speaking from experience (I mod another MMO forum) I bet they wish they could. I have field days squashing gold farmer spam.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-12-2012, 09:01 PM
The F2P Q&A area has been opened well before F2P as it was the area to ask questions about the change over to F2P (matrix discussions, changes etc).

The reason for the restriction is to stop gold spam from happening on the majority of the forums, also gives silver players a chance too (hopefully) read the forum rules

As for the OP, if you used points from the dilithium exchange, those do not count towards unlocking access to chat, forums etc. If you purchased points, and bought something it can take a bit to get setup properly as it's not something that's done instantly (obviously). Give it till tuesdayish then contact http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline and put in a community ticket to have it looked at
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
The F2P Q&A area has been opened well before F2P as it was the area to ask questions about the change over to F2P (matrix discussions, changes etc).

The reason for the restriction is to stop gold spam from happening on the majority of the forums, also gives silver players a chance too (hopefully) read the forum rules

As for the OP, if you used points from the dilithium exchange, those do not count towards unlocking access to chat, forums etc. If you purchased points, and bought something it can take a bit to get setup properly as it's not something that's done instantly (obviously). Give it till tuesdayish then contact http://support.crypticstudios.com/startrekonline and put in a community ticket to have it looked at
Tuesday...when everything else is supposed to arrive =D Then again, it just wouldn't have had the same ring if Kirk had said, "Let me guess--Tuesdayish."
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Tuesday...when everything else is supposed to arrive =D Then again, it just wouldn't have had the same ring if Kirk had said, "Let me guess--Tuesdayish."
hehe glad you got the reference
Lt. Commander
I keep getting messages from other players, but I can't figure out how to reply to them.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2012, 09:12 AM
Okay, I dont get it. Why cant I post in the forum?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Hope I'm not bumping this too soon... but I also can't post anywhere but here(I've tried ) and even after reading the thread about tickets, I can't see where to send one in on the forums here... can anyone help a forum moron find how to submit a ticket?

(I'm silver in sto but I've already bought cryptic points so its not because I'm a total f2p player)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Quote:
FYI and to keep from having to go back and edit my post AGAIN, mods can't ban accounts. They can edit out posts, but not ban people.

Although, speaking from experience (I mod another MMO forum) I bet they wish they could. I have field days squashing gold farmer spam.
Actually that's untrue. Mods on some forums do have the power to ban (even if temporarily) users; it all depends on how much power the admins give them and/or 2) any restriction specific to the forum software in question.

Anyway, yeah I know--nice necro Aes!

That aside, I came here because I can't seem to post in these forums, which is too bad because I've encountered something that I wanted to inquire about. But that's irrelevant right now because it's not at all related to this thread or even this section.

So, about gold spammers. Restrictive forum settings like this is not at all the best way to "stop" gold spammers, and it's actually more of a knee-jerk response than anything else.

My thought is this: Why not simply allow full forum access upon unlocking the Klingons for silver account holders? While it's not terribly hard to level that far, it's still enough of a time investment to not be practical for gold spammers. (Since Cryptic/PWE/whatever GMs can ban the account much faster than the sweatshop kids can level new ones)

Other PWE games, such as Forsaken World, do not have these kinds of restrictions on their forums. It's a shame this one does, because so far, I really like the fact that (unlike FW) this game doesn't appear to be pay-to-win.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Moderators on this forum cannot ban.